Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2002 10:15:59 PM EDT
Hi all, Im looking for mag couplers that I swear Ive seen around in various pics (maybe IDF or Special Forces pics). They appear to be made of the same material that most slings are made of, and I seem to recall them being OD green too. Ive seen the metal and polymer ones, but I cant find these for the life of me. Are they a figment of my imagination? Thanks.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
There are also clips made out of polymer, without using the nylon straps like the Mag-Cinch.  Jake1978, check your IM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Jake,

The Mag-cinch things SUCK!!!  Seriously.  

Please reconsider that purchase as there are other models of mag couplers that are better made, more durable and your mags won't twist in their holder.

A poster here on AR15.com by the name of "Me223"  made some of the most bomber mag couplers that would even work with Thermolds (if you were so inclined).  Look him up to see what he has.  If you want the OD green look, he might even be able to help you there...
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
What's wrong with electrical tape?
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the Mag-Cinch. You have to use two of them to keep the mags from twisting and moving. This setup is very solid. You have to follow the instructions to install them . I didn't read the instructions and had a problem installing them at first.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one at a gun show that is solid metal with a screw to tighten. It works great, but might be a little hard on the mag finish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I thought the post was pretty much dead at two replies, so I ordered one before I could read everyone's opinions. The only reason I want the OD green is to match my furniture. By the way, I have the fobus mag coupler made of polymer, and it works great if anyone was wondering. Thanks for everyone's help.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The mag cinch works fine and is very stable as long as you follow the directions and asseble it correctly.

I have noticed, especially on FA fire or if your are shooting lots of "hammers" (double-taps), that the top round on your second magazine will sometimes work its way forward, which can slow down reloads. Hanging two mags on there also makes the weapon much, much heavier. When you already have a bunch of crap on there, the weapon can get very heavy if you are having to hold it up for extended periods of time. I am seriously considering getting rid of all of the extra junk on my "lightweight" carbine and just going with a sling and an old Surefire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top