Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
greast photo
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's with the elbows all sticking out?

And the bladed stance, walking upright (can't hardly shoot and move like that!).
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's with the elbows all sticking out?

bawk bawk bracawwww
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
After we donate funds for Katrina victims, we need to start a pool for the Madison County Indiana SWAT team tactical training fund.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Remember they might have been walking like that all day long. It is real easy to walk the way you are suppose to for a match or to take a photo. Try doing that for about 16 hours of patrolling a street with ammo and vests. Most people in this country would be laid out chilling sipping a bud after about an hour of that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Remember they might have been walking like that all day long. It is real easy to walk the way you are suppose to for a match or to take a photo. Try doing that for about 16 hours of patrolling a street with ammo and vests. Most people in this country would be laid out chilling sipping a bud after about an hour of that.

So true.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't know about you guys, but if I were in that group, I'd feel more comfortable if at least one of us had a longer range weapon like an M16, FAL or G3.  I see 2 mp5s and a shotgun, excellent CQB weapons.  Didn't they hear the reports of Roving gangs of thugs armed with AK47s walkingdown the streets?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
They look like they are in really good shape.  Good thing they were prepared for being hot and tired.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't know about you guys, but if I were in that group, I'd feel more comfortable if at least one of us had a longer range weapon like an M16, FAL or G3.  I see 2 mp5s and a shotgun, excellent CQB weapons.  Didn't they hear the reports of Roving gangs of thugs armed with AK47s walkingdown the streets?

Or even an Hk53, for the sake of similarity.
But, I am not there, and feel a little out of depth being critical
of their weapons or tactics. Thand God for men like these.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I could buy that, but doesn't it take more work to hold an elbow in the air for an hour than it does to let it hang low?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I could buy that, but doesn't it take more work to hold an elbow in the air for an hour than it does to let it hang low?

Both could cause cramps or fatigue after while. Depends on the user, how much they train in the "correct" position, and how long they've actually been doing it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Didn't they hear the reports of Roving gangs of thugs armed with AK47s walkingdown the streets?

Roving gangs with AK47's cant shoot but trained professonals with MP5's can, now all you have to say is Somalia, but in Somalia the number of "gang" armed hoodrats were alot greater than the Rangers on the ground, the sure mass of the enemy soldiers outgunned us there but thats not going to happen in NO, on top of that the enemy in Somalia were harden combat militia where as the gangs in NO shoot their weapons side ways. Three Trained SWAT team members armed with MP5's and a shotgun is just right in my opinion for controlling a city block down there.  McM
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
That is kind of odd, makes me think they are just one team of guys with other teams in the same area. Probably on the other side of the street. They might be simply moving in a lighter threat area where there was little or no enemy activity. Who knows.

I would think it would be easier to keep your arms down. Always tried to tell guys to keep your elbows in close and chest plate square in front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top