Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/6/2004 2:36:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 6:11:43 PM EST by topjimmy]
Anyone have clever mounting ideas for mounting rifles in your Wrangler?

If you got 'em, pics please.

[edit]

I tried the mount that puts the base of the rifle on the floor and the top bracket on the dash.

This one:
www.shootnhunt.com/catalog/JM/shooting_accessories/gun_racks_hangers/1909062.html

It would have been perfect if I ran no doors all the time. Unfortunately, the summer is too damn hot to run without doors all the time. So, I made my own.

I went to a local sporting goods shop and got one of those cheap double racks ($5) that is secured in a pickup truck's sliding window. I cut one of the brackets in half with my band saw, then I drilled holes in the top of the brackets. I then fastened the brackets to my middle rollbar with 2 1/2 hose clamps. Took it out wheelin' and it held up beautifully to all the bouncing.

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:09:56 PM EST
Soft top or hard top? Someting similiar to a cop car shotgun rack (vertical) in the back seat my be an option.

A hard top might allow some sort of mounting on the rear glass windows?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:02:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By BobCole:
Soft top or hard top? Someting similiar to a cop car shotgun rack (vertical) in the back seat my be an option.

A hard top might allow some sort of mounting on the rear glass windows?

Soft top, and I put it up and down all the time. In the spring and fall I run a bikini top with no doors. The summer is too hot to run all open, need the air.

I can't believe it doesn't already exist, but I have scoured the aftermarket Jeep parts sellers and haven't found it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:12:59 PM EST
You need a short gun and a tuffy security case. My Jeep is just a frame and tub right now
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:37:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 4:45:35 AM EST
Since you're running a bikini then you obviously need security as well. Looks more & more like a shotgun-type rack the cops use in their front seat is what you need. Shit, now you've got me wanting one for my Wrangler!
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:28:46 AM EST
Get one of those lockable steel storage boxes that fit between the rear seat and the tailgate, and of course make sure you have a very short rifle. (Much cheaper in just over a month )
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:15:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By chrome1:
Jeep Rack ?

Didn't work out, see above.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:09:24 PM EST
Nice rack... and I love the ghetto sling

Gets the job done.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:14:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
Nice rack... and I love the ghetto sling

Gets the job done.

- BUCC_Guy

I need to order one of those CQB Solutions slings.
Top Top