Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/31/2002 2:27:07 PM EDT
It took a little grinding with the dremel, but it wasn't too bad. I found that only the rear part of the handguards really interferes with the A.R.M.S #38S-EX. So if you decide to do this yourself, don't grind away too far forward! Keep testing the fit until you get it just right.

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:36:39 PM EDT
Can M4 hand guards be purchased straight from Colt?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:38:45 PM EDT
I don't know. I got mine here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=84183
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:45:12 PM EDT
Tanks, I'll have to talk to Pete. The reason I asked is because I got a set from GunSmoke used, although I don't recall them being advertised as such. Anyway, my M4gery is mint except the handguards, and I noticed yours look a little nicer than mine. BTW, were they tight as hell going onto your new Bushy upper?
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:50:11 PM EDT
They weren't tigh at all...after I shaved some plastic off the back end Just take a dremel and shave about a dime width's off the end closest to the receiver. The bushy handguards that were on there took about an hour and lots of cuss words to remove. After I shaved the Colts, I took them on and off about 3 times with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 3:56:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2002 3:59:46 PM EDT by slt223]
Let me say this, my Colts are on, and have been on for about 7 months straight. I haven't even bothered trying to get them back off. I'll give it a go one of these days when I have nothing better to do, and don't anticipate having to use my thumbs for a few days . I had no trouble getting the Bushmaster shorty guards out, as they were so flimsy. I like how solid the Colt guards are, and they're in there so tightly that they don't budge at all.
Top Top