Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2002 12:18:42 PM EDT
www.m-kspecialties.com/

Anybody know if these rifles are any good? Anybody got one?
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I refer you to www.gunandknife.com "m14/m1a forum" for an EXTENSIVE discussion on MKS (from the re-weld saga/tragedy to their new and not very available forged recievers). From what I gather, only a few hundred people have these new recievers in their hot little hands and no-one has given the low down on rifle assembly and range tests. The only experience I have with MKS is their m1a scope mount and I think VERY highly of it on my m21.

Karl
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
MKS products are OK.
My MKS rifles were stolen 6 weeks ago.
They have the absolute worst,dishonest customer service in the firearms industry.
They will tell a lie straight to you on the phone,IF you can contact them.
They will take a deposit and not ship in a year,I mean a 50% deposit.
They lied about the BATF approval letter.
Get a ChiCom-at least they won't lie.
Get an Enterprise.
AVOID the kelly clan.
cpermd
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#3]
First off,I have no personal experience with MKS.  I do know that rewelded TRW receivers ARE being collected by the ATF.  The new ones are supposed to be pretty good.  There is a review of the new ones over on Shooters.com highpower section.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Not just TRW's. All of MKS's cut and weld U.S.G.I. M-14 receivers are being confiscated. What a huge mess.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not just TRW's. All of MKS's cut and weld U.S.G.I. M-14 receivers are being confiscated. What a huge mess.

Sorry, that is what I heard as well.  Guess I should reread my posts before committing them.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 7:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The new ones are supposed to be pretty good.  There is a review of the new ones over on Shooters.com highpower section.

If these are the forged M14-type receivers, as of Camp Perry, they still had problems with the rear sight serations as well as the locking lug helix of the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Well it sounds like the collective wisdom of the  board is stay clear of this company, at least for now, thanks for the responses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top