Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:18:25 PM EDT
Alright...coming back from overseas and will be moving the household from Dallas, TX to Fairfax, VA.

I have an M-16 on a TX trust.

I understand that changes are coming regarding trusts and The NFA approvals process.

My question is:  for the move to VA, do I have to make changes to the trust AND the 5320?  Or just the 5320.  Do I need to do a new trust in VA?

The main reason I went with the trust is I travel overseas a lot, and can't leave individually registered NFA stuff in posession of family, but can when they are on a trust.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:30:00 PM EDT
You need to make changes to the trust (Because EACH state has different laws on Trusts.) That's if you make Virginia your home. What changes, I don't know, but again, each state has different laws on trusts and what makes them legal in that state.

You will need to file a 5320 also and wait until that gets approved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:32:37 PM EDT
All you need is a 5320.20 with ATF and register with Virginia state police. The form is SP-115 on VSP website and it must be notorized.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:48:25 PM EDT
Why Fairfax?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:32 PM EDT
Because he's probably working near there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:33:00 PM EDT
Cheapest house for rent I could find, work for the .gov.  Fairfax used to be NFA friendly.  Is it not anymore?  I did two individual sbrs and  if I recall correctly a Lt. Tracy signed off with no issues.  Have things changed?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:42:15 AM EDT
Fairfax isn't exactly a conservative stronghold. They did sign off on my suppressor. But they did wait the entire 45 days to get me my CCW. Giving them the benefit of doubt it could just be they were busy. I moved out of there over 5 years ago to another county who had a new one to me in under 2 weeks.
Top Top