Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 11:19:46 AM EDT
Help! I've been offered a deal on some Armalite AR-10 mags that I wish to use in my M-1A. From what I've been told they will work if I change the follower back to the USGI M-14 style follower.

Does anybody know where I can buy about a dozen USGI followers?

I've tried Fulton Armory and some others, but they only sell a kit that includes the spring, follower and floorplate. If I can find cheap followers it will make these worth buying, if not I'll pass.

Any sources, thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They will work as is but won't hold open the bolt on the last shot. However, Sarco Inc. has U.S.G.I. followers. www.sarcoinc.com
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Thank you very much.
-Luther
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up 10 followers from sarco. All in Excellent + condition, came lightly oiled. 8 were marked B.W. and 2 were marked OM.

4.50 each plus shipping.

BRJ
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear, I ordered mine on Monday and can't wait to get them. I hope they are as nice as you make them sound. I have the feeling that I'll be expending lots of .308 soon.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard mixed messages about sarco's shipping in a timley manner, but I was very pleased. Took about a week to a week and a half to get them.

BRJ
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Update: I ordered my followers on Monday and I just got them from UPS thursday afternoon. The followers look brand new and I couldn't be happier. In fact there was a new floorplate mixed in with them as well, which i thought was odd since according to Sarco's website they were sold out of followers.

Anywho, I'm happier then a pig in shit. Thanks for your help guys.

-Luther

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I also ordered & received new Followers, springs & floor plates for the M-14 mags from Sarco in new condition and in a timely manor.
You can order LN or New USGI M-14 mag bodies from Elite Firearms for $18.95(If I remember correctly). Mine were New.
207-534-0500
www.eliteguns.com
Thanks for the tip about followers from Sarco.
Tungsi
Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 4 M1A magazines that I'm going to change to AR10. 1 looks new, the other three show age (some rust)$10 each to you and trade for the AR10 Magazines and I'll pay your shipping. Can send you pictures. Or, I'll buy your AR10 followers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top