Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2005 6:29:28 AM EDT
Winter boredom is a B*tch, Started with a beat up GI fiberglass stock, Chopped the buttstock down and added a recoil pad, Relocated the sling swivel to the side and added a reinforced bipod stud to the bottom. Finish it off in tan Duracoat. I *may* add a pattern to it later.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Very Nice Underdog. Never seen a M14 in that color before. I dig that look.

Is the cheek weld really high with the Eotech mounted up there?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#2]
looks sharp......How do you like the EoTech on the M1A?  It appears that you may not have absolute need for a cheek piece.  Does the Eotech ride low enough for you?  What type of mount are you running on it?

Thanks

ADH
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!!!

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Unique look!! That color is very striking, a grey or black web on that would kick as*!!! Is there much prep work before painting on the fiberglass stocks??
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, The Eothing is mounted on an Arms18 and its a little high. I want to get it to the range to see if it effects ejection any before I invest in a cheekpiece,. Im looking at the Blackhawk lace up job but am open to seggestions.
The stock is a $10 funshow piece and this is my first try at "grind to fit" recoil pads so I didnt put a lot of prep time into it, Got like $27 in it total as you see it..............Udog
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Underdog 75:  About the BlackHawk lace-on cheekpiece-  in my experience, this item does not do a whole lot to raise up your head position.  The piece uses a 1x1x6 chunk of closed cell foam sewn inside a square channel that sort of balances on top of the stock.  With use, the foam piece takes on the shape of a lazy-looking question mark as your face pushes it sideways.  It becomes more of an index than a head raiser.  YMMV.  Nice contrast on the stock color between the metal and the stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top