Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 7:38:12 PM EDT
Yup.  It arrived at my FFL today.  I got the call at 4pm and left work early to rush over and pick it up.  I was NOT dissapointed.  This is one fine and well made firearm.  I broke it down for inspection and a quick cleaning of the chamber and bore.  I could tell that it had been test fired.  It broke down easily even though it was initially a little stiff.  The bolt carrier is stamped FMP and the bolt has a "P" and a 94 date stamped on it.  Every thing appeared as it should and it went back together just a easily.  Over all the fit and finish is excellent.  The collapsable stock works perfectly and is very solid when extended.  Here is what it looks like and what came with it.  I will post another review after I get to the range in a few days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/santino34/PTR91KP013.jpg

I ordered this from Atlantic Firearms and they treated me right!  I received the rifle exactly 10 days from when I mailed my order form.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
congratulations!  Be sure to let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Great looking rifle.

I have a PTR91 pbwb on order from Atlantic as well.
It arrived at the gun shop yesterday afternoon and I took off work early today to
go pick it up.
I guess I should have called first because he had gone to the V.A. this afternoon for a check up.

I'll be looking for a range report from you.  I just may have to get one of those too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I hope to sneak out of work tomorrow and hit the range for a 100 or so rounds.  I'll let you guys know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yup.  It arrived at my FFL today.  I got the call at 4pm and left work early to rush over and pick it up.  I was NOT dissapointed.  This is one fine and well made firearm.  I broke it down for inspection and a quick cleaning of the chamber and bore.  I could tell that it had been test fired.  It broke down easily even though it was initially a little stiff.  The bolt carrier is stamped FMP and the bolt has a "P" and a 94 date stamped on it.  Every thing appeared as it should and it went back together just a easily.  Over all the fit and finish is excellent.  The collapsable stock works perfectly and is very solid when extended.  Here is what it looks like and what came with it.  I will post another review after I get to the range in a few days.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/santino34/PTR91KP013.jpg

I ordered this from Atlantic Firearms and they treated me right!  I received the rifle exactly 10 days from when I mailed my order form.

Get a set of feeler guages and check the bolt gap before and after.

I am going to post a little tutorial on proper bolt gap in a few minutes, you may want to keep a copy (assuming you aren't already up on the subject.)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#6]
My friend recently purchased a PTR91K I believe (it's the carbine version but with the standard stock).  Very nice weapon.  His has the plastic Navy (but obviously just safe/semi pics) style lower though.  It was quite accurate, even out to 500m.  

We did encounter a problem w/ the sear not engaging once.  It didn't fire FA, but the hammer would not stay to the rear.  Apparently a spring had worked it's way out of the proper position, and a little monkeying w/ the almighty Leatherman tool fixed the problem immediately.  Obviously I'm not extremely well versed w/ HK's based on my description of the problem, but it was fixed easily.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Do the PTR's have the G3 full auto bolt carriers or are they cut like the HK91 bolts?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Semi auto version bolt carrier on mine.

-Rob
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:51:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Really nice purchase.

I wish JLD made 93 clones.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#11]
How can you tell the difference between the bolt carriers?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Looking at the bolt carrier from the rear, as it would be in the receiver, there are two milled slots- one on each side of the carrier. On a semi, the one on he right isn't cut all the way through the rear of the carrier. The one on the left is cut through. This makes it so the sear doesn't "trip" when the bolt cycles. On a G3 carrier, both sides looks the same. The left side will actuate the auto sear.

I've read that guys have FMP or HK carriers in there PTR's, so I wondered if JLD was cutting them, or just using the untouched G3 carrier. The G3 carrier works fine with a semi pack. If one were to buy a register trigger pack/sear, they would just use the G3 carrier, but if they had the semi carrier, they'd need to locate a G3 carrier for the reg. trigger pack/sear to run.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I just checked and both my PTR and my Century have FMP bolt carriers with the semi cut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top