Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2005 2:16:45 PM EDT
I have a teardrop MWG magazine for the 10/22 (50 rounds magazine)

It is starting to die on me, the little wrench to wind it broke, and the lip to hold th ecover on it broke as well (cold temperatures last winter)

I have been using it as is, but it is a pain. I had been told of a company that made an aluminum replacement body but can not find a link with google or in other rimfire forums.

Anyone know who they are?  Otherwise I was going to drill through the cover and epoxy a dial on the winding part so it can be loaded without a wrench or removal of the cover....   I woudl rather have an aluminum body though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It's probably cheaper to buy two 25 or 30 rounders which can clip together to replace it than to repair the magazine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one where the plastic wrench broke.  I thought about having a company make a new wrench out of steel, but never got around to it.  Probably cost prohibitive though.

These damn mags piss me off though, for $79, you would expect them to work for a long time.

Mine also has cracks in the plastic around the feed lips.

They are also not the funniest mags to load, kind of goofy if you ask me.  Wind all the way, load four bullets, than release, load the rest, then push the last four through the feed, one at a time!  No thanks!

I am not certain how these where worth $150 before the ban was lifted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]
$79?  in USD no less?  Up here they are $50 CDN or so, I never knew that was th eproper way to load it, I picked it up at a gunshow second hand for $20CDN, I loaded it one at a time as I wound it.....

damn I feel stupid.

Now I definately want it working again
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you can get spar parts for the MWG 50 rounder at

www.mwgco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=MWG/CTGY/50_REPLACEMENT_PARTS

The uper UPPER BACK COVER is $4
and KEY is $1.20

holy sh!t, didnt know there was replacement parts offered for these mags!

big thanks for the link!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top