Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:38:29 AM EDT
When the bolt locks back and I go to charge it with the CH it doesn't cycle smooth.  It gets hung up partway back if I try to go fast.  This is with the bolt locked back.

I have the extended charging handle.  Is the problem caused by the extended handle so it is binding or not enough lube?  I have tried to keep that part dry to not attract crap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:07:51 AM EDT
Cracked bolt carrier, send it in for warranty repair. Mine did that same thing and that is what the replaced, I only sent the complete upper in.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:29:44 AM EDT
I have seen this happen twice before.  In both instances it 'broke in' after some charging cycles, but in the meantime check this:

Inspect the slot in the receiver and see if there is anywhere specific that there is a nick or burr that the charging handle shuttle may be catching on, or if there is and area at about the midpoint of the slot where the finish has a nick in it.  Also inspect the charging handle shuttle (especially where it passes through the slot in the receiver) to see if it has a sharp edge or burr that might be 'biting' into the receiver.

Make sure when charging you aren't pulling at a wierd angle (like trying to rotate it like a doorknob instead of pull back or pressing down really hard) and pull back in one smooth motion.  

You can apply a little grease or graphite to the slot too, it won't harm anything.

Shoot me a PM and we'll get it figured out.

Sven

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:30:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 6:30:59 AM EDT by Dawg180]
Originally Posted By P08:
Cracked bolt carrier, send it in for warranty repair. Mine did that same thing and that is what the replaced, I only sent the complete upper in.

Wow, no kidding?  Where was the crack?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:36:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dawg180:

Originally Posted By P08:

Wow, no kidding?  Where was the crack?
I have no clue where it was cracked. When I was describing the problem (had to smack the charging handle to get it open) they told me that was the problem. I sent it to them and they returned it working fine. Took a little over a week to send and get it back.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:24:27 AM EDT
I saw an E4 Swat that was difficult to charge.  The shuttle was not running smoothly through the receiver slot.  When I called Dave about it he said the KG Guncoat they put on the receivers is rough and to run the shuttle back and forth a whole bunch and it would smooth out.  The owner of the E4 spent an evening in front of the TV doing just that and the problem went away.
Top Top