Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 3:55:06 PM EDT
Put the rifle in a vice and used a tool on the flats to remove the flash hider.  Darn thing won't budge.  I put leather on the flats and got a bigger wrench. Still nothing.

Thought I would come and ask before I damaged something.

How do you guys get yours off to put on other flash hiders?  Will a bit of heat help?
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to use a heat gun to loosen the thread locker but some guys use a torch.  The older MSAR's have left hand threads but the newer barrels and all of the E4's have right hand threads.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I had to use a small torch to loosen the locktite on the threads. Don't forget there is a jam nut right behind the flash hider.

MSAR flash hider removal
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  Thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top