Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 5:57:22 PM EDT
I just bought one from Ratworx.  It looks like it would pop off under hard use if it got snagged.  Is there  a good way to attach it so it stays put after abuse?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't pop off under fire. If you want you can use some velcro under it to make sure. I have been using mine from day one and it stays put.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Brass Buster is designed to take some rough housing and still stay attached.  A good blow to the front or back is going to make it slide along the length of the stock, removing it (short of breaking it) involves an upward force on the "T" portion.

It could with enough force be knocked off the rifle, but if the Brass Buster takes that amount of force you are probably going to glad the Brass Buster got knocked off the rifle.

Sven
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I went out shooting and the deflector slide back constantly. Enough that if I were in a firefight and went to a left hand transition I am afraid it would have slid back and got in the way.  

How do I keep it from sliding and hopefully make it a more permanent solution?  i can see it working fine for range shooting but not for hard use situations.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
First off, make sure the stock is clean and free of grease, and that the Brass Buster is pushed all the way forward.  

Are you running an MSAR or an AUG?  What type of drills and how many rounds were you shooting?  What type of ammo?  What is your typical head position on the stock when shooting strong side?  

Shoot me an email and we'll get it figured out.

Sven

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Sven is a great guy.  I spoke to him at 10:15 at night after he gave me his phone number and gave me the okay.  He was super helpful and stood behind his product.  We are working on some solutions to address the slow migration issue.

I am very pleased with his customer service.  If all companies were this good you would never hear a customer service complaint.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sven is a great guy.  I spoke to him at 10:15 at night after he gave me his phone number and gave me the okay.  He was super helpful and stood behind his product.  We are working on some solutions to address the slow migration issue.

I am very pleased with his customer service.  If all companies were this good you would never hear a customer service complaint.

10:15pm? That explains it. You talked to him after his dose of Vicks NyQuil. That is why he seemed like a great guy.

J/K, Sven is a level headed person and is really out for the best product for everyone to enjoy. I have enjoyed talking to him as well.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine moves easily if you push it back and forth with my hands, however it stays put when I am shooting.  I use it only for range so the brass won't leave marks in the stock just after the ejection port.  Since I own two STG-556s I keep changing it from one gun to another.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I am looking forward to checking out the brass buster at the bullpup shoot next weekend!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top