Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 12/17/2015 10:03:12 PM EDT
Looked around and couldn't find much info... anyone found a VFG that integrates well on the MPX? All of mine right now look/feel goofy with the 1913 rail adapters. Anyone found a good solution or rigged MP5K grip to work?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:15:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ebern220:
Looked around and couldn't find much info... anyone found a VFG that integrates well on the MPX? All of mine right now look/feel goofy with the 1913 rail adapters. Anyone found a good solution or rigged MP5K grip to work?
View Quote

I am currently using a Magpul RVG. I modified the included polymer Magpul rail that sits flush with the VFG when installed. I too did not care for the look of the RVG mounted with so much unused Sig 1913 rail exposed, it killed the clean look I was going for.  I modified the position of one of the polymer Magpul mounting holes to line up with the MPX rail, and also removed a small amount of polymer so that I could seat the screws flush, that are used for the MPX 1913 rail adapters, to mount the Magpul adapter.

Today I ordered a Magpul MVG M-LOK, as I have heard that the holes line up, and that just some polymer on the top surface of the grip needs to be removed. I will update this weekend when I receive it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:22:26 PM EDT
View Quote

Check out the pictures thread at the top of the page.  I modified some KAC panels to work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
Yeah saw that, I have some spare KAC panels

I also have a spare Magpul rail which is more low profile than the Sig adapters.. May have to bust out the dremel this weekend and screw some stuff up....
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 10:47:14 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah saw that, I have some spare KAC panels

I also have a spare Magpul rail which is more low profile than the Sig adapters.. May have to bust out the dremel this weekend and screw some stuff up....
View Quote

The mini section of rail that's included with the Magpul RVG wasn't only flush with the MPX rail as the grip mounted to the aluminum, but it is also flush in relation to the top front and rear of the VFG. It does not extend past the grip, making it look like one piece, with no additional 1913 exposed at all. If the Magpul MVG M-LOK works as planned, the VFG just mounts directly to the rail holes with the Sig 1913 screws, without the need for 1913. We will see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:12:30 PM EDT
Awesome thanks for the info, please post up letting me know what you find out!
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:16:06 PM EDT
Crappy image, but chopped down a Magpul rail with a Dremel and turned out much better with the Gear Sector stuff

Hope this helps anyone else in the mean time

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:44:25 PM EDT
That looks great I never thought about cutting down the rails
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:15:15 PM EDT
I bought the SIG one before I banned them, fits the rail perfect, not offset like the rest I tried.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:43:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:25:40 AM EDT
View Quote

Magpul  MVG M-LOK fits the MPX perfectly. The screw holes line up as intended, just a small amount of polymer needs to be ground off of the Magpul for it to sit flush, and it attaches solidly with the Sig 1913 screws. Removed my Magpul RVG vertical grip that I had been using and the Magpul rail it was attached to. Very happy with the direct thread of the Magpul MVG M-LOK. It doesn't have the texture of some of the Magpul grips, but is much more understated as a vertical foregrip. If only I knew how to post pictures! lol
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:04:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cntrl23:
Magpul  MVG M-LOK fits the MPX perfectly. The screw holes line up as intended, just a small amount of polymer needs to be ground off of the Magpul for it to sit flush, and it attaches solidly with the Sig 1913 screws. Removed my Magpul RVG vertical grip that I had been using and the Magpul rail it was attached to. Very happy with the direct thread of the Magpul MVG M-LOK. It doesn't have the texture of some of the Magpul grips, but is much more understated as a vertical foregrip. If only I knew how to post pictures! lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info. If you have the picture hosted online somewhere (like Photobucket), just type {img}image link{/img} using [ ] instead of the { }.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:44:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Unity tactical maybe?

http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/direct-mount-vfg/
View Quote

This is what I use on my MPX and MCX. You'll need a longer screw for the MPX to work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:05:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 12:25:12 AM EDT by cntrl23]
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

Thanks for the info. If you have the picture hosted online somewhere (like Photobucket), just type {img}image link{/img} using [ ] instead of the { }.
View All Quotes

Magpul RVG with modified polymer Magpul 1913 rail attached to MPX handguard. (had to drill new hole/or elongate one hole in the included Magpul polymer 1913 rail section to line up properly with handguard mounting holes)

Magpul MVG M-LOK directly threaded to MPX rail after sanding the nubs for M-LOK off the top (with MPX 1913 screws for attachment)
Existing holes line up perfectly with MPX handguard.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:19:37 AM EDT
DSULLY posted a picture of his MPX with a Troy grip on page 4 of the picture thread that I fell in love and purchased for my MPX that I am really happy with.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:35:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT by cntrl23]
Originally Posted By Gotcoffee:
DSULLY posted a picture of his MPX with a Troy grip on page 4 of the picture thread that I fell in love and purchased for my MPX that I am really happy with.
View Quote

Gotcoffee...whathaveyoudone?! Haha!

I immediately went to page 4 of the picture thread as I already know from later pictures he's posted...that a DSULLY picture is worth EVEN more than 1,000 words. Love that Troy grip, plus...Troy builds quality. Just so you know, even though it seems that lately there are few remaining, you're letting the remaining moths out of my wallet. I must have it! 3 VFG's means I must now have 3 handguards for my MPX. (Can't waste a VFG!)

...daydreaming...
MPX-K 4" Handguard
MPX-P 8" Handguard
MPX-Keymod 8" (cal-x-kit/gen2 upper) .357 Handguard
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:40:17 AM EDT

I immediately went to page 4 of the picture thread as I already know from later pictures he's posted...that a DSULLY picture is worth EVEN more than 1,000 words. Love that Troy grip, plus...Troy builds quality. Just so you know, even though it seems that lately there are few remaining, you're letting the remaining moths out of my wallet. I must have it! 3 VFG's means I must now have 3 handguards for my MPX. (Can't waste a VFG!)

...daydreaming...
MPX-K 4" Handguard
MPX-P 8" Handguard
View All Quotes

...daydreaming...
MPX-K 4" Handguard
MPX-P 8" Handguard

You telling me, I bought the grip and the cherry bomb bag because of Dsully.  He could probabily take a picture of dog crap and make me want to buy it.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:02:05 AM EDT

You telling me, I bought the grip and the cherry bomb bag because of Dsully.  He could probabily take a picture of dog crap and make me want to buy it.  
View All Quotes

...daydreaming...
MPX-K 4" Handguard
MPX-P 8" Handguard

Hahahahaha, yes! I certainly have to agree with you there. Had I literally not JUST that day purchased a 5.11 Tactical Triab 18 bag for mine, I would have been on the "Eberlestock Cherry Bomb" train as well! Hell...after seeing that picture I almost decided I needed two bags for my MPX, or better yet, another MPX for my second bag!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 10:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2015 10:37:53 PM EDT by topgunpilot20]

Magpul RVG with modified polymer Magpul 1913 rail attached to MPX handguard. (had to drill new hole/or elongate one hole in the included Magpul polymer 1913 rail section to line up properly with handguard mounting holes)

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsc9parbv1.jpeg

Magpul MVG M-LOK directly threaded to MPX rail after sanding the nubs for M-LOK off the top (with MPX 1913 screws for attachment)

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsxop5c3yw.jpeg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsm2xxq5pz.jpeg
View All Quotes

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsc9parbv1.jpeg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsxop5c3yw.jpeg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Sgr_North/image_zpsm2xxq5pz.jpeg

You used the rail screws that are beveled underneath? They didn't seem to have much thread engagement. I used the bolt from the hand stop which provided full thread engagement, but I only had the one.

Also, the torx wrench that comes with the MPX wasn't nearly long enough for the MVG M-LOK. I ended up improvising with a long 1/8" allen wrench.

Top Top