Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 12:38:19 PM EDT
I was wondering how reliable 147 gr hollowpoints are in a suppressed, unsuppressed,FA and SA HK94/MP5's.
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If the rifle/ mag is tuned correctly, not a problem at all.  

It when you throw aftermarket mags(straight) into a clone that may have a oversize magwell (mag flopping around) that you start to have problems with feeding.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been "told" by folks I trust that hollowpoints in the stick mags (not the curved ones) can be problematic even in a well tuned German MP5.

I have used original curved mags and hollowpoints in my MP5 without a single failure.  Not a lot though as bulk ammo usually isn't hollowpoint.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot a 1K of Speer +P JHPs with no problem.  They were the "not for LE" use, which were just as cheap as FMJs.

Generally, I shoot FMJs - the Hirt +P+ really whiz :)
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
well i most likely would always run with the curved mags because i think the straight mags are ugly(only my opinion).
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot Blackhills 147 grs. in my MP5 A5 with my B&T MP-5 QD suppressor.  No problems at all in semi and burst/auto fire.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Same experience here. I've fired thousands of rounds of 147 gr. HydraShok's through my SD without a malfunction (using factory curved mags).
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Say Cheese! Stand still for the flash and JHP
Forgot to add, not mine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.steyraug.net/mypics/MP5%2007.JPG

Say Cheese! Stand still for the flash and JHP

All you're missing is the grenade launcher, flame
thrower, and a mounted roll of duct tape on that thing

I have a 94, and I want to get a good supply of hollowpoints...but all of the good stuff I see is +P/+P+. +P+ won't "damage" the rifle, will it? No one's come right out and said it's fine to shoot...so I'm kind of curious. I paid a metric fuckton of cash for this thing (always wanted one), and I don't want to hurt it by using a good defensive load in it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Well... I've shot 1K of +P JHP with no problem.  I shoot +P+ hirt FMJ (which is plain old firebreathing bowling pin blasting fun).  I think everyone puts +P or +P+ down the barrel.  and if you're looking for SD, I'd want a little extra umph in the bullet even if it did do some long term damage (which I don't believe it does).

BTW - federal makes "Classic" silver box 115gr JHP which I load my glock.

-ken
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well... I've shot 1K of +P JHP with no problem.  I shoot +P+ hirt FMJ (which is plain old firebreathing bowling pin blasting fun).  I think everyone puts +P or +P+ down the barrel.  and if you're looking for SD, I'd want a little extra umph in the bullet even if it did do some long term damage (which I don't believe it does).

BTW - federal makes "Classic" silver box 115gr JHP which I load my glock.

-ken

This is more than others have told me..so, thank you, profusly.

Once I finish up all the American Eagle stuff I have for it, I'll stock up on some good defensive HP loads, and not worry.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a H/K MP5K and I shoot GOLDEN SABER 147GR ammo without any problems in semi or full auto. I also use a GEMTECH RAPTOR 9mm can. I have also done a beta mag dump [100rds] out of it with no problems.JASON IN VA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top