Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:37:21 AM EST
How much does an MP5 cost?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:45:15 AM EST
Last one I saw was 15K, but thats been awhile.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:11:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By slammer11111:
How much does an MP5 cost?

Transferable? 15Kish
Pre May? 9Kish
Post May? 1Kish
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:16:49 PM EST
What's the difference in pre and post may? Newbie to MP5 stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:49:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By slammer11111:
What's the difference in pre and post may? Newbie to MP5 stuff.

you have to be a dealer or class 2 to own pre or post May guns
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:13:52 PM EST
Now i'm really showing my butt, what are may guns?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:20:32 PM EST
get an MP5, for the children

(sorry, had the link on the clipboard)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:21:15 PM EST
trust me, i'd love to get one. :D
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:29:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 5:32:44 PM EST by faldoc]

Originally Posted By slammer11111:
Now i'm really showing my butt, what are may guns?

Civilian ownership of machine guns made and/or not registered after May 19, 1986 is prohibited. Pre-May guns are dealer samples which a dealer can purchase without an LEO (Law Enforcement)/Military letter requesting a demo. After the dealer gives up his license he may keep a pre-May gun. However, he can only transfer it to another dealer.

A post dealer sample is a gun which a dealer may purchase if he has a letter requesting a demonstration, and he has to give it up or sell to another dealer with a demo letter if he gives up his license.

A fully transferable gun is one a civilian can own.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:55:10 AM EST
Are there any other manufacturers that you'd buy, that made a copy of the MP5?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:30:08 AM EST
The cheapest way to get something close to an MP5 that is still an HK is to buy an HK 94 (basically a semi-auto MP5 with a 16 in barrel). Then send it off to Investment Grade Firearms in Arkansas and have them install an MP5 barrel and paddle mag release. Apply for an SBR through the ATF. Hk 94s are about $2500, the work by Jason is around $1000, SBR tax is $200. Then you end up with something that looks just like an MP5, but is semi only for ~$3700.

You can later buy an FA trigger pack for it for another $10-$12K and then have basically a true MP5.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:57:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 5:59:01 AM EST by CZ-75Jeff]
Since 1934, we civilians have had to file paperwork with the BATFE (and get their approval) to take posession of a machinegun.

In 1968, a law was passed that said any future imported machinegun is not transferable to civilians.

In 1986, a law was passed that said no more domestically produced machineguns were transferable to civilians.

A machinegun had to be registered as transferable prior to May 1986 in order to be transferable to a civilian.

Pre May '86 dealer samples are "keepable" by a Class 3 (Special Occupational Tax holder)sole proprietor when he/she gives up his/her license, and that is why they carry a premium above post May '86 dealer samples.

So, the most expensive are transferable, then come the pre may samples. A post may sample is the least expensive, but only a SOT holder or Law Enforcement/Gov't agency can posess the dealer samples.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:41:29 AM EST
Seen a S&H sear for 10K a couple days ago, unfortunately I don't have the cash. Throw that in a SW/BW/Vect, and you've got a setup for $11,500, or pay an extra 2K for an HK gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:23:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 9:24:19 AM EST by slammer11111]
So where would I look for an HK 94 at and also, do they come with the collapsable stock? And, I know that I'm probably WAY THE HECK OUT in left field, but is it possible to have it done up like an MP5SD, with real a suppressor?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:28:46 AM EST
Look for one of the California Dept of Corrections trade-ins. You can still find them for around $2,600-$2,700.

Yes, you can have it converted to a semi version of the MP5SD by a licensed manufacturer. Ralph Smith at RDTS does good conversions, and I believe jayson Cotter from Investment Grade Firearms will do it as well.

The Cali HK94's come with the fixed A2 stock. A3 stocks are a little pricy, but you should be able to find a used German one for $275.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:22:16 AM EST
To find an HK 94
I got mine from www.lesales.com
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:33:20 AM EST
Does LE Sales only sell to LE?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:05:25 PM EST
No, they sell stuff to civvies so long as it's legal...
I got an HK94 there, one of the Cali DOC guns. They have a California and a Texas office, I understand.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:17:01 PM EST
how much did that one run you?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:24:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 4:27:25 PM EST by faldoc]
$2400 shipped, no cc charges either....
Mine was a beauty, but what he has left is probably more worn cosmetically. This is not critical since internally none of these was apparently shot much, and most get these refinished for $150 if they are beat up. Clydearmory (policeguns.com) is selling some refinished for about $2700, though his website has a higher price. There is one on sturmgewehr.com boards repainted for $2350, may have sold by now.
Here is mine:
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:45:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 4:45:54 PM EST by slammer11111]
Man, I wish I had the cash on hand for one of those. Probably too much to hope for a military discount.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:58:29 PM EST
You might ask Clyde Armory. I think he might be active duty, maybe recently back from deployment.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:07:52 PM EST
WHat are they listed under on the site? Can you only buy one if you are a LEO?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:21:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 5:23:22 PM EST by faldoc]
their ad is on the semi-auto board...
I am sure you can buy as a non-Leo.
Here is another ad for an HK94 repainted, $2350, been around for a while, so it might be sold:
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:27:08 PM EST
Thanks man, I fired of an email to him. Who knows...............
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:40:02 PM EST
You might also look at a Bobcat Weapons clone of the HK-95 / MP-5. They go for about $1400 so you might want to spring the extra cash for the real HK-94, but if you want the lower price, Bobcat isn't a bad way to go. I own both the Bobcat BW-5 and a California DOJ HK-94 and the Bobcat has worked great right from the start although the quality of the real HK is much nicer.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:54:27 AM EST
I'm hoping that I'll be able to work something out for the HK
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:22:31 PM EST
What exactly is a paddle mag?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:55:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By slammer11111:
What exactly is a paddle mag?

Semi-auto HK94's are not equipped with the
MP5 paddle magazine release.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:09:56 PM EST
Is it a different mag type? Or is it just a different type of release?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:14:40 PM EST
mag release....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:21:14 PM EST
Ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:02:22 AM EST
I recommend not going with the MP5SD configuration. You will be stuck with having to shoot only with the suppressor in most cases (I have a barrel extension for mine that allows it to be shot without the suppressor but it's dorky). It would be a three tax stamp gun. One for the suppressor, one for the gun since it will be an SBR (unless your suppressor is non-removeable and makes the barrel 16"), and one for the F/A trigger pack. It doesn't have to be an SBR but then you could never remove the F/A sear around (to other HK firearms) assuming your suppressor is removeable.

You are better off with an MP5, suppressor, and subsonic ammo. Most MP5's I know are HK94's SBR'ed, converted to full auto with a registered sear pack, and refinished and stamped properly like a real MP5. I have a dealer sample MP5SD and it doesn't allow me to use lots of the cool accessories for the front end like the RAS or special tube end laser.

Another friend I have uses a SW (like Bobcat) HK-94 clone, has it SBR'ed and chopped, and an E&L plastic SD extension/cover so it looks like an SD. Whatever works for him but silly to me.

If you ever want an MP5 and balk at the price of a registered full auto sear, it may be double the price in a matter of years and you'll kick yourself for not having bought one now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:02:38 AM EST
I just thought that the SD version was pretty cool, I haven't shot an MP5 yet; but I've always liked them. I guess it'll all come down to personal preference huh? LOL How much does the FA cost?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:25:26 AM EST
The SD is most definitely cool, even the chicks dig it.

Full auto would require the cost of the registered autosear (what $12K-$14K now?) and fitted to a full auto trigger pack.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:30:29 AM EST
Well the FA is DEFINATELY out of the picture for now. How much would an SD conversion cost along with the SBR of an HK 94?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:34:12 AM EST
Slammer, I have a SD built on a SW5. The conversion cost around $1200 plus $200-400 in parts.

Jayson at IGF can do the conversion.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:58:25 PM EST
I'm not sure if that included the cost of the suppressor but if not then - parts, conversion work, plus cost of a suppressor ($500 give or take). $200 tax stamp for the SBR and $200 for the suppressor or just $200 for the suppressor if it's permanent and brings the barrel out to 16".
Top Top