Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 4:13:50 PM EDT
What does the barrel look like under the fake supressor?  

I was thinking about about SBR and taking off the supressor would sure be easier than a whole new barrel or cutting the long barrel.

Anyone have any pictures of that short barrel with the supressor taken off?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a 3-lug, 8.8 inch barrel. No pics, but it looks like any MP5. They pin the fake suppressor to one of the lugs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They pin the fake suppressor to one of the lugs.

How?  Put the supressor on, drill hole, insert pin, weld shut?  

What would the best method be to remove it?  Course, I'd prolly just take it to a smith.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They pin the fake suppressor to one of the lugs.

How?  Put the supressor on, drill hole, insert pin, weld shut?  

What would the best method be to remove it?  Course, I'd prolly just take it to a smith.

You have the process right.  On hk54.com, the SW website, they know more about the process of removing the suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
also hkpro.com. you're gonna end up losing the fake can.

i think on the bw mp5k's the barrel is also threaded, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Just look at the fake can, you can usually see where the pin was welded over.  Grind that down with a file or dremel until the pin is able to come out.  If you can't see the welded spot.. try stripping the finish off the base of the fake can.. that will make it easier to see.

You might have to heat up the fake can to get it off... they can be on there pretty tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top