Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 2:55:01 PM EDT
The real thing is pretty much out of reach.  I'm not sure I'm willing to go the Title 1 route, sooo....

1.  Is there a mock up kit for an HK94?
2.  I've heard a lot of bad things about Bobcat/SWD/Whatever they're called today.  Are they really that bad, and is there and SD version?
3.  Is there an MP5SD stock/kit for a 10/22?
4.  Airsoft.....Nah

Anything else?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
bobcat/speshul weapons/coharie arms/top notch are all the same person(todd bailey) running under different corporations.  they all have the same adress and everything.  as for bad? how about shooting 4 feet to the left at 50 yards straight out of the box on a brand new SBR BW5?

yes todds weapons suck.
your best bet would be to buy one of the HK94 CA DOJ trade in rifles from CDNN or SOG, then SBR it and get someone to make an MP5SD style integral suppressed barrel for it.  will it be cheap? no, but it would be pretty cool.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a Special Weapons SW5 with the fake suppressor on an 8" bbl. It worked fine for me and would not have sold it except that I lost my job and have real bad luck lately. It is hit or miss with them. Maybe I was lucky.

There are fake SD sleeves for the 16'' HK94 type guns. I've seen them around but can't steer you to them. Keep searching the web. They are out there. I plan to make up a "pistol SD" fake can build some time.

You can also get the plastic SEF and ambi-type semi auto trigger packs as well.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are fake SD sleeves for the 16'' HK94 type guns. I've seen them around but can't steer you to them. Keep searching the web. They are out there. I plan to make up a "pistol SD" fake can build some time.

E&L fake SD shroud

I bookmarked that a while ago since I had the same fake SD idea.  The overall opinion of the fake shrouds is not real good as I understand--folks were having problems with them coming off while shooting with the chance of the shroud getting hit by the exiting bullet if it was loose enough and off center. For $37, it's not an expensive loss, but I'd be scared shitless to stick one on a "real" HK94 and accidentally damage the gun with it in a chance catastrophic failure.

Still, you know how the statistics go, for every whiny person on INTARNET there's a lot more quiet ones sitting at home enjoying their toys.  YMMV!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
made an upclose inspection of the bw-5 today at a massive shoot.

GRUDGINGLY, I will give it a compliment. It was decently made. the only gripes I had about it, were

a.) what appeared to be a trigger group designed for the metal housing shoved inside a plastic housing(albeit after some cutting away of the plastic. it was neatly done, but a crude configuration in my opinion)

b.) the foreward grip was somewhat loose.

Other than that, pretty damn good. I'll compliment it. I expected pure shit from Todd Bailey and crew, but it seems they did well enough.

I did not fire it, but the owner was shooting it plenty enough. did not see a single malfunction.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top