Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 9:20:37 AM EDT
Is the MOLLE gear from cheaperthandirt.com any count? I'm just wanting a vest I can configure for the range or a SHTF grap and go type of deal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#1]
then you should do some more research
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok..... I already have an idea in my head of what I want, and how I want to configure it. What else do you suggest I research? All I want to know is if anyone has any experience with the MOLLE gear they carry, and if it's going to last or fall apart in 3 months.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Meltdown, thats what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok..... I already have an idea in my head of what I want, and how I want to configure it. What else do you suggest I research? All I want to know is if anyone has any experience with the MOLLE gear they carry, and if it's going to last or fall apart in 3 months.

havent used a vest from them but  i do have the largest pack for my BOB and its okay so far
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I would check out www.tacticaltailor.com before I would look at the CTD stuff.  I got to finger it at shot show and chicom shit is all that comes to mind.

-G

TT has a steal deal on woodland items atm.  Check it out!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I deploy with the CTD OD green Molle vest. It is well made and priced right. My ballistic panels fit perfectly, and the vest secures well to my body. There are separate pouches for hard armor plates (ceramic). The only drawbacks: some parts of the carrier are not double stitched, and for snipers, the shoulder strap buckles are in the way. Not really any way around the placement of the shoulder strap buckles though, they are located to support the rescue handle.
MB

www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE134-44930-1977.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I only have experience with the two different AR mag pouches.  Both are doubles, with one holding a total of four and the other six.  They are suprisingly well made, and for the money, a good deal in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would check out www.tacticaltailor.com before I would look at the CTD stuff.  I got to finger it at shot show and chicom shit is all that comes to mind.

-G

TT has a steal deal on woodland items atm.  Check it out!

I'd have to agree here, Tactical Tailor stuff is excellent, and CTD stuff always smells like it came from an eastern european whorehouse. What is with that anyway?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Stay away from cheaperthandirt unless you are looking to buy surplus stuff.  They have a lot of cheapo knock offs.  The delight of low price is temporary while the pain of poor quality lasts forever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top