Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2002 12:21:55 AM EDT
I am interested in your opinions of the MOLLE/MOLLE II gear currently in use by the U.S. Armed Forces. What is good about it, what sucks, is it better that the ALICE gear? I currently have an ALICE set-up but I don't like having everything on my hips. I like the vest idea so I bought a BlackHawk Gaddis vest. I like the vest but it doesn't carry enough mags for my AR (4 mags only). I was looking for something modular and came across the MOLLE system. I would appreciate any input that you have regarding the system. Also, where can you purchase surplus MOLLE gear at a decent price?

Thanks in advance
Karl
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Breacher
 Be aware that the Marines are using MOLLE 3 gear now.   Most of the stuff in the ARMY/NAVY stores are junk(old MOLLE 1 and 2).  

MOLLE 3 does away with the LBV and mounts everything on the interceptor vest. The pack is huge and comes with the day pack and numerous mounting points all over the pack.

It wears a bit different from the ALICE rig.  I prefer the ALICE rig.  It seems more comfortable to me.

The INTERCEPTOR VEST is expensive and not available commercially.  It stops 9mm rounds by itself and with the ceramic plates it will stop a 7.62 round.  

If you want the pack system I can shoot you an email and we can set something up.  Let me know.

For carrying more mags, buy a SAW gunner pouch.  It can carry 7 30 round mags.  It's a cheap fix for carrying more mags.

Max
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Max

I really not sure how accurate a statement that is, one of my new join Lts went to the Lejeune CIF about a week ago and got issued a new in the box MOLLE II, (the CIF staff refered to it as a MOLLE III because it comes with the new canteen pouches)similar to the one I was issued about 4 months ago, the Interceptor always gave the option of using the vest instead of the FLC (except for a few that lacked back attachment point).  However, the FLC is still in wide use since it allows wear of gear without body armor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2002 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I have taken the plunge and purchased some of the Molle 1 FLC's and waist belts from E-bay.

Max- Shoot me an e-mail, I've got some questions about the availibility of the pouches for the vests.

STLRN- I have a question for you. Will the FLC expand enough to cover heavy body armor like a level IIIA swat vest? We are currently using BlackHawk vests over our body armor but I would like to have the option of changing the vests around to be more mission specific.

Karl
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The FLC on the MOLLE can only expand so much, it is tacked to the belt on both sides to prevent the panels from going forward.  If you are a large person with a lot of gear on, to include cold weather, than you end up with the panels under your arms.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top