Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 10:18:39 AM EDT
Not sure if this is possible, but thought this would be a great place to ask...

I have pouches from my old duty outer vest made by Eagle Ind., that use the velcro backing...

I now have a CIRAS vest, and was wondering if there's a conversion means to switch the pouches from velcro & snap to MOLLE.

I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but why buy new pouches if I there's an economical alternative for conversion.....

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that I know of, you might have something made custom...... but then you might as well just buy new pouches for what it will cost.

PS stop being a cheapskate you have a CIRAS vest.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#2]
And having said vest is what is causing me to be a cheapskate.  We buy our own gear, and there isn't an adjustment to my pay check to compensate.  

I understand the whole "what is your life worth" argument, but I also have a 2 year old son and wife to feed.  I can get buy on Spagetti-O's, but the little one needs better nutrition...

If it's not possible, so be it.  But I can't afford to be a "gear whore" as much as I may want to, so I need to be economical when possible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I would put your existing pouches for sale on ebay or the EE here, then buy what you need.   By time you pay somebody who knows  what they are doing, sewing tac gear not prom dresses, you could have bought new pouches.  

Or buy some 1" nylon webbing and thread for www.diytactical.com and sew it yourself or have your wife sew it.

Take a look at your existing pouches and think of how it will have to be modded. One of the sides will have to have the stitching cut, so you can get inside to sew down the 1" webbing.  Then you have to stitch the sides up again.  Not too many sewing machines will sew through 6-8 layers of 1000 Denier nylon and Type 7188 webbing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, thats a valid point I hadn't considered (and why I posted the question here).  

I have to be able to switch from .223 to SMG mags, and I am less than pleased with my drop pouches (support side leg) for my HK.

Thanks for helping me think it through.  I knew I couldn't get so lucky....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And having said vest is what is causing me to be a cheapskate.  We buy our own gear, and there isn't an adjustment to my pay check to compensate.  

I understand the whole "what is your life worth" argument, but I also have a 2 year old son and wife to feed.  I can get buy on Spagetti-O's, but the little one needs better nutrition...

If it's not possible, so be it.  But I can't afford to be a "gear whore" as much as I may want to, so I need to be economical when possible.

If money is such an issue you should have got something cheaper so you could get the proper pouches.I was not saying be a "gear whore" at all get one or two pouches for your vest, you don't need one of every kind to be a complete man

Or......... dare i say it but stuck with the old vest, that was your cheapest route.

ETA SDS makes some nice pouches that are economical or hit the EE for all the gear whores who are selling all the shit they never use/used.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Old vest expired.

I "need" two triple SMG pouches.  

Cost with shipping from most places is approximately $120, or one weeks worth the groceries.

I was looking for a possible solution, but thanks for your input.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Old vest expired.

I "need" two triple SMG pouches.  

Cost with shipping from most places is approximately $120, or one weeks worth the groceries.

I was looking for a possible solution, but thanks for your input.  

looking at full retail from blackhawk is 29.95 for a triple smg pouch x2 =59.90 so your saying it is 60.10 for shipping

Or you don't shop around at all because I know several places I would look to find not retail prices. So you can "COP" an attitude all you want I don't care. You spent about 450$ just for a vest that is not to say what you spent on the armor to go in it. Then you boo hoo about money I don't really have to point out how hypocritical that is do I.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
To Stoner:  Thanks for the information, I actually found it in black at our surplus store.  I'll give it a shot; if it doesn't work I'm out $3.

To Death, I appologize for taking up your infinetly valuable time by debating the cost factor and my hypocrosy.  May you recover the 15 minutes of your life you dedicated to the conversation.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]

nturavgcop

just to get you out of the stink of errornet commandos, PM me, we can do a letterhead exchange and I will make you some SMG pouches

cheers
EGG

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
why not just sew on some PALS webbing to the back of the old pouches and then use some  malice clips or something to attach them?

The ultimate DIY resource
http://www.diytactical.com/main/
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Egg:  Thank you, I will try to contact you today.

DoNotThrowAway:  I am trying that now. Stoner had actually suggested the same thing.  

Again, thanks for the insight and suggestions.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top