Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
I put an MLOK fore grip on my Dakota Tactical MP5 clone and I don't know how I feel about it. It's a different feel, much thinner. The plan is to run a Surefire on it. Kinda doubting myself now. Anyone run this foregrip? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great. Put a Magpul stubby vfg on it.

Mine is a Troy. It now has a Unity Tactical VFG (very stubby) on it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks great...a VFG never crossed my mind on anything but a K model. That's how I'm setting up my SP5K after I get my stamp.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I think DT sells a good bit of them. It's my fav for sure, here's mine:

I like how thin it is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yours looks great. The hand stop piece I haven't seen before. Looks "operator" as can be with the can. A can is my ultimate goal. Im just holding off til the noise bill passes. Damn nice setup you have.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]

It's a very thin handguard, my biggest complaint is that there aren't any M-LOK slots on the 11:00 and 1:00 panels. It's thin enough where you can effective run a Surefire Scout 300 series with a clicky tail cap at the 1:00 using an offset mount for a clean profile. I use a Streamlight Rail Mount 1 with an Arisaka Defense offset M-LOK mount and the provided tape switch drilled and directly mounted via M-LOK hardware.

I do find myself wanting to use a Surefire 328/628 handguard instead sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I like your setup. I agree with you on the lack of 11 and 1 o'clock panels. There's not a lot  of hand space either. I'm beginning to lean towards the HK surefire handguards as far as running a light goes. I have a Colt 6450 sbr'd at 10.5in with x300 surefire as my home defense gun. I'm wanting to set up an MP5 similarly with light bc of the handiness of the shorter barrel than my Colt
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yours looks great. The hand stop piece I haven't seen before. Looks "operator" as can be with the can. A can is my ultimate goal. Im just holding off til the noise bill passes. Damn nice setup you have.
View Quote

Thanks, the little nubbin is from Arisaka.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Wait for it...

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:08:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I like the MLOK on yours OP but I'm partial to the Surefire handguard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top