Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2013 12:37:29 PM EST
Hello everybody,

I have friend that needs some help with his Socom 16 and since I don't know much about them I though I would ask here.

What he has:

Socom 16
Sadlak scope mount
JM chasis
Harris bipod
Nikon M308 scope
Weaver rings

His problem: He has only bore sighted it, but he says he is out of down. Range verification to follow.

It didn't look to me that his height over bore was too bad.

Thanks for your help.

-Green.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:16:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:00:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2013 2:01:27 PM EST by H2O_MAN]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raf:
Exactly how did your friend accomplish the bore-sighting of his M1A?
View Quote

Yes please, how did he do it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:56:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/24/2013 3:58:15 PM EST by JJREA]
I'm assuming you meant he can't dial down his scope to go any lower to meet up with the boresight. Correct?

I have no clue what to say other than maybe the mount is not on there properly and it's canted?????

I've never once used a boresight in my life and I've taken scopes on and off and zero'd different weapons enough to know I don't really need one. Although maybe it would save me a little bit of time and ammo.

Wait, I have another thought. If the dot from the boresight is on a distance very close to the rifle itself, and the optic is a good bit above the barrel, it might run out of down adjustment to meet up. Because of the disparity between the two planes. Just another though. once you get out to 25 meters you might find that you don't have that problem.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:01:10 PM EST
"How did he do it?".....Not exactly sure. I will ask. I have never boresighted myself and never needed too. I shoot all my scopes and red dots on paper.

I work with a lot of guys that have grown up with "fudd" guns and they use silly terms that I don't understand, but I thought I would ask around. A lot of these guys are now shooting black rifles and the cross over terms and techniques are a bit confusing to me.

Thanks for the help.

Green.
Top Top