Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:39:17 AM EDT
My Grandfather is giving me a Mauser that he brought back from WW2 made in 1936. He said he has shot it before but it has been 30 years since he has shot it. I was going to clean it then put some 8mm through it when I go out there in a month or should I take it to a gunsmith then go shot it. I have 2 Enfields so I know how to clean a bolt action rifle just want to know what I should do as soon as I have it in my hands.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
There's NO competent gunsmiths available around here so I've been assuming that function. Hard to recommend that to a NEWBIE though.

Some of these have been demilled in not so obvious ways. Take it all apart and look really good for cracks and holes drilled in bolts and chambers.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
My Grandfather is giving me a Mauser that he brought back from WW2 made in 1936. He said he has shot it before but it has been 30 years since he has shot it. I was going to clean it then put some 8mm through it when I go out there in a month or should I take it to a gunsmith then go shot it. I have 2 Enfields so I know how to clean a bolt action rifle just want to know what I should do as soon as I have it in my hands.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:01:11 AM EDT
You lucky dog. See if you can get some stories to go with the rifle from your grandfather. Those old soldiers have my highest respect.
Top Top