Posted: 9/19/2005 7:22:42 PM EDT
had
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
.308 man.....

And I honestly can't see the M96 being around in two years.

Kinda like the AR-15 huh? Hehe, isn't the M96 built on the stoner system? If the price drops a little they'll be around for plenty o' time. FALs are nice as long as you use good  ammo, the whole adjustable gas system I've never been a fan of. I like simple KISS stuff. Owned a FAL, cool, but traded for an AK, sold AK for money, now Im building an AR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.308 man.....

And I honestly can't see the M96 being around in two years.

Kinda like the AR-15 huh? Hehe, isn't the M96 built on the stoner system? If the price drops a little they'll be around for plenty o' time. FALs are nice as long as you use good  ammo, the whole adjustable gas system I've never been a fan of. I like simple KISS stuff. Owned a FAL, cool, but traded for an AK, sold AK for money, now Im building an AR.

In a word....NO.  It looks like a Stoner but the Engineers at Robinson really meesed up a couple of things.  The trigger group is ok but the safety location is abysmal.  The op rod setup is awful, though the current version certainly works ( and works well ) it is NOT superior to the original Stoner 63 op rod/carrier setup.  NOW, that doesn't mean it's a bad rifle....it isn't.  I own one and it is one smooooooth mother.  I mean SMOOOOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHH.  BUT, with the exception of the much simpler M96 carrier and the stainless construction the Stoner 63 is a much bettr weapon.  I know Alex Robinson and for years I have been slowly and surely trying to talk him into redoing the M96 more like the Stoner.....I haven't had one ounce of luck yet....but maybe someday.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the FAL as a platform for the .308 round.  If I were to suggest a 5.56mm rifle, I would lean toward the more common AR15 platform due in no small part to the tremendous amount of accessories and optics designed for this style rifle.  No slam against the M96 but you did say I had to pick one.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd burn a crate of M96's for one quality FAL.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The DSA is a vastly superior rifle & the caliber is better too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top