Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 6:53:43 PM EDT
A friend who no longer wanted it gave me an M94 Mauser dated 1918. I was able to get the bore nice and shiny so I oiled it and took it out to test fire, no bang. Today I had some time and decided to take the bolt down and look at it expecting to find something broken but everything looks fine. Not being a gunsmith and having no experience with bolt guns I am not sure where to go from here. The parts do not seem to be very dirty but I am soaking them to get what crud that is on them off. The trigger seems to be working and I can hear the striker hit when it is cocked but it does not fire. Anyone have any experience with these that can give me some hints? I don't know if it is worth taking it to a gunsmith but would like to get it working. It seems like a pretty simple mechanism but I must be missing something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top