Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 9:15:23 AM EDT
I'm putting together an m4orgery and want to put an upper on my bushy lower.  Who's would you go with?  Bushmaster and Rock River come to mind...anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have the money to get the Bushy upper, then you'd have a better resale value on your rifle.

If you don't, you won't go wrong with the RR upper giving you a functioning and accurate weapon, but resale value will be lower.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO it's be like putting a VW engine in a Porche.  I'm not really impressed by RRA.  Extra money for chrome lined barrels.  Rails that need the accessories ground down a bit to fit properly...

Bushmaster has done me right with 3 rifles so far.  I'll stick to Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have the money, go with Bushmaster.

Myself, I HATE franken-rifles.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Your not supossed to sell your guns so who cares about resale.  I just bought a RRA M4 upper and put it on my Bushy lower.  Finish matches perfectly and it fits much tighter than the Bushmaster upper, no more accuwedge.  I will get a RRA lower soon though also.
Bill3508  
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The above are correct in saying that using a Bushmaster upper will increase resale value.  However, I have had great luck with RRA products and would not shy away from using them.

It just depends on what you plan to do with the rifle...keep it a long time or think about resale.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top