Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 1:10:22 PM EDT
What do you think about this rifle vs other brand (oly,bush...)
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine looks and works great. While friends AR's were jamming on Wolf ammo mine was plinking away. Get a Hogue grip. Polish the feed ramps and the *center* of the pins that the trigger components pivot on and you're all set. You won't need to do anything to it again, except clean it. And feed it!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw on this board that it doesn't have a chrome barrel, but on dpms website this is write that the m4 has a chrome-molly battel so ???
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Chrome-moly is not the same as chrome lined. Teh chrome-lined will hold up better and resist corrosion better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Chrome-moly = Chrome and Molybdenum steel alloy!  Usually AISI 4340
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a dpms m4 upper that has never given me a problem.However I dont thinck they make a postban upper in m4,just preban.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 DPMS ARs. One Chrome lined, and one non
Chromed. They are both great rifles. The non chromed one seems to produce a lot more barrel heat???
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have 2 DPMS ARs. One Chrome lined, and one non
Chromed. They are both great rifles. The non chromed one seems to produce a lot more barrel heat???

Yes, your observation is correct.
There is less friction between a chrome-lined barrel and the bullet. Less friction = less heat. Chrome has a higher lubricity than steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top