Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 9:24:35 AM EDT
From Todays NY Post Front Page.  Supposedly a Marine from a MEUSOC.  Looks like a PAC4 and Reflex.  What is interesting is the cleaning rod taped to the buttstock.  Ammunition and or extraction problems????????  Thought we fixed that one in the 60s  

Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably just for cleaning.  No other way to carry the rod on the carbine; no butt trap like the rifles.

"Marine Special Ops?"

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
News report said they are always cleaning their firearms due to all the sand/grit in that region.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The marines have what they call Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable.  They are not officially part of SOCOM but there are Marine Officers who worked in these units working a SOCOM HQs these days.  I helped train one marine infantry reserve unit that turned itself into a Tactical PSYOP, Civil Affairs unit.  I think that units like these will eventualy be added to SOCOM if the Marines want to be part of the puzzle palace LOL.

Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you suppose is in that strategically placed tactical nutz sack?  Seems like it would hurt when he runs.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What do you suppose is in that strategically placed tactical nutz sack?  Seems like it would hurt when he runs.

I think its part of our PSYWAR campaign.  We are bringing back the CodPiece.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Likes to keep it clean and does`nt want to loose the rod.....marine spec-ops.....force recon......I`ve seen quite a few of the m4/reflex on news reports......what`s all the stuff taped to the front of that weapon?.....I need some of that 100mph green tape......
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Likes to keep it clean and does`nt want to loose the rod.....marine spec-ops.....force recon......I`ve seen quite a few of the m4/reflex on news reports......what`s all the stuff taped to the front of that weapon?.....I need some of that 100mph green tape......

Its a PAC4 IR illum sight.  Plus he has multiple mags taped together, not butt to butt but with all having the ammo pointed skyward.  That tape is hard to come by, the green and black duc tape is hard to come by.  Dont know what is different about the stuff the govt buys but it aint duc tape, and you cant find the wide rolls, like what you use to tape up a huey or blackhawk for a jump.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Probably a cover for a Kevlar cup!!!

ARnSC  
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Probably just for cleaning.  No other way to carry the rod on the carbine; no butt trap like the rifles.

"Marine Special Ops?"

-- Chuck

i'll second that.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like there is no pattern on his BDU's either. Or is that just the photo
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hez wearing a nomax flight suit
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
the "tactical nutz sac" is a pair of 7-Bravo's with the head/face suspension. i carry mine in a pouch just like that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the "tactical nutz sac" is a pair of 7-Bravo's with the head/face suspension. i carry mine in a pouch just like that.

That would make sense, what is the deal with the shortage of helment mounts for NVGs, they are rare as can be???  I like the Stock harness as you are not forced to wear the "Dome of Obediance" all the time, but would love to get a helmet mount, it was one of the few things that I had to turn in when I left AD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top