Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 9:27:48 AM EDT
I might be getting one so I have a few questions. The SAI websight is pretty sparse when it comes to info on these. I know it has a HB and is double lugged reciever, any thing else special about these or is it "just" a match rifle with these improvements?

If I get this on the trade deal,I would have to let my standard M1a go. I think the rifle is gonna be heavy, maybe too heavy for general use? Could a regular USGI sythetic stock be inletted for this? Can the barrel be fluted WITHOUT removing it from the reciever?

Would I be better off working this in a deal to get a regular match rifle and some $$?

I'm sure that the Supermatch is an awesome rifle but more than I need for plinking,charging milk jugs and stray zombies.

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The bbl will be a 1:10 twist for 174gr bullets, it will be much heavier than your current rifle, the bedding requirements of the receiver make standard stocks to narrow, the bbl will not be chrome lined and will be 6 grooves.  I would keep your standard rifle UNLESS you want to try Service Rifle competition.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the above.
The regular M1A also has a crome lined barrel and will last longer if you are just plinking.
If you are getting serious, then trade.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you'll want a supermatch for GP.  Unless you love heavy things.  Stick with the standard.  That's my input.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't think you'll want a supermatch for GP.  Unless you love heavy things.  Stick with the standard.  That's my input.

+ 1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top