Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 4:39:46 PM EDT
OK, newbie question.  I have only had my rifle for about 6 months.  I have by no means mastered it, but I am curious. Std surplus m1a.

Can I just get a NM aperature and fit it to my rear sites?  I know the NM sites have more adjustment, not sure if I need that yet, just thought the aperature would be nice.

Any thoughts?  Just leave them be, or what?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, leave it as is.  Rear sight apertures and rear sight bases are like operating rods and receivers.  When you put the two together, they can be loose, just right or too tight.  IME, the hooded rear sight is good for shooting paper at long distances but for anything else I prefer the standard rear aperture.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I went to your site a bit ago, stumbled on to some other m1a forums.  I have some time off next week and I really have the bug to go shoot the rifle a bunch.  Getting the AQTs from Freds with my sythetic stock a couple weeks ago kinda lit me up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top