Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2015 5:29:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 5:33:11 PM EDT by tc2129]
Just brought home this M1 carbine today.  It's been on layaway at my local store for about a month and half.  It originally came with a synthetic Ramline stock and hand guard.  While waiting to take it off layaway, I found a cheap wood stock and hand guard off the CMP forums to get it looking more original.  I'll eventually break down and spend the money on an Inland stock sometime in the future.
I'm just curious on what I have, such as manufacture date, etc.  I took a few crappy pics, but will get more later.

It's an Inland receiver, serial of 9509xx.
Underwood barrel with a date of 11-44
No bayonet lug
Rear sight says I.R.C.O
I'll break it down tonight and get more markings off it
</a>" />
Before with synthetic stock
</a>" />
Receiver
" />
Barrel
" />
Now, with wood stock
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:29:21 PM EDT
a solid improvement.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:06:06 PM EDT
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:30:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2015 7:31:39 PM EDT by Dracster]
Late-mid 1943 production, maybe August. Rebuild post-war where it probably got the rear sight and Underwood barrel. It might be lighting but it looks like it might have had a bayonet lug at some point and someone switched out the front band. Where's the proof mark on the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:29:58 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Late-mid 1943 production, maybe August. Rebuild post-war where it probably got the rear sight and Underwood barrel. It might be lighting but it looks like it might have had a bayonet lug at some point and someone switched out the front band. Where's the proof mark on the barrel?
View Quote

It does look like it had a bayonet lug on it at some point. How difficult are those to reinstall?  Where would I find the proof Mark?  I'm new to carbines, so are there specific spots for them?  Thanks for the info.

Tim
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:11:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tc2129:

It does look like it had a bayonet lug on it at some point. How difficult are those to reinstall?  Where would I find the proof Mark?  I'm new to carbines, so are there specific spots for them?  Thanks for the info.

Tim
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tc2129:
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Tim

To reinstall the band with the lug you have to remove the front sight. The proof would be a P on the forward portion of the barrel, probably underneath.
Top Top