Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 11:55:35 AM EST
Good deal?

M1 @ AIM Surplus
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:37:36 PM EST
You can get a CMP Special Grade for $995 which is pretty much the same thing. Me personally id rather go that route
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:02:22 PM EST
The one in the picture sure looks good. Well worth the money for someone who for whatever reason doesn't buy from CMP. As mentioned above it is essentially a CMP "special."

The repro cartouches look nice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:12:58 PM EST
I was thinking with $0.01 shipping (which -has- to be cheaper than CMP), and not having to jump thru the hoops to qualify w/CMP, it's pretty damn close...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:38:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
The one in the picture sure looks good. Well worth the money for someone who for whatever reason doesn't buy from CMP. As mentioned above it is essentially a CMP "special."

if thats the one you would recieve?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:37:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By jimr:
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

if thats the one you would recieve?

I suspect you would end up with one similar at least. If you haven't opened the link do, they are claimed to be refinished and have a match grade bbl installed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:31:30 AM EST
ok , i'll rephrase it. the add says , original m1 garand, with new after market stock an barrel. it no doubt would be a great shooter but by no means an original garand.

it realy tickes me off to see the fake markings on the stock. for me it would be cmp.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:23:43 AM EST
Not to offend anyone in particular, but I've never understood the obession with the CMP. I've bought from them, and been to the South Store, but it takes forever with several hoops to jump through. Anything but collector grade is a mixmaster or refinished anyway.

If I were buying a service grade shooter, okay. But if you want a nice, collectible AS NEW Garand there are a lot of good options. Orion7, Garand Guy, etc.

I guess I get tired of the "Go CMP" in every thread. They have slow service, a bit of an attitude (you know who I speak of), and the quality of what's left is almost non-existant. If I wanted a Special grade style gun (refinished, new fake stock, etc) why would I wait 6 months on it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:13:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By 300WSM:
Not to offend anyone in particular, but I've never understood the obession with the CMP. I've bought from them, and been to the South Store, but it takes forever with several hoops to jump through. Anything but collector grade is a mixmaster or refinished anyway.

If I were buying a service grade shooter, okay. But if you want a nice, collectible AS NEW Garand there are a lot of good options. Orion7, Garand Guy, etc.

I guess I get tired of the "Go CMP" in every thread. They have slow service, a bit of an attitude (you know who I speak of), and the quality of what's left is almost non-existant. If I wanted a Special grade style gun (refinished, new fake stock, etc) why would I wait 6 months on it?

I was at the South Store about a week ago and I got the same impression.

As far as "attitudes," I've only experienced positive interactions with Orest and his staff.

I'm a big fan of the CMP because I usually find something good there when I go.
Top Top