Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2004 8:12:26 AM EST
Will the T-37 Prong flash hider fit on a regular M-1?

Are there any modifications that have to be done to the barrel to make it fit properly?

I've seen this particular FH advertised , and they mention something about a threaded barrel---did the M-1D Garand have a threaded barrel? I thought the "D" class Garands only difference from the standard was the scope mount configuration (forward attachment to the barrel)....and the M-1C had the scope mounts screwed to the receiver.

Reason I ask is, I was thinking of jazzing up a standard M-1....for looks.

Any info is greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:07:50 AM EST
If you can find a real T-37, then all is needed is to pull the gas cylinder lock screw, then replace the gas cylinder lock with the T-37, and reinstall the lock screw. The T-37 is just a gas cylinder lock with the FS fingers (milled as a solid unit).

The problem with some of the after market 37's are that they are casted and/or not heat treated correctly. This results in either the fingers breaking off, or just bending open (both of which causes a shift in the POI).
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:46:20 PM EST
Just found this on Gunbroker.

T-37
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:11:04 AM EST
Hey....I'm gonna get me on of them! Too bad they don't have one just like it 'cept a Muzzle brake... I have yet to stand up to the mighty blast of a 3006!

Ben
Top Top