Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 9:12:26 AM EDT
Will the T-37 Prong flash hider fit on a regular M-1?

Are there any modifications that have to be done to the barrel to make it fit properly?

I've seen this particular FH advertised , and they mention something about a threaded barrel---did the M-1D Garand have a threaded barrel? I thought the "D" class Garands only difference from the standard was the scope mount configuration (forward attachment to the barrel)....and the M-1C had the scope mounts screwed to the receiver.

Reason I ask is, I was thinking of jazzing up a standard M-1....for looks.

Any info is greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can find a real T-37, then all is needed is to pull the gas cylinder lock screw, then replace the gas cylinder lock with the T-37, and reinstall the lock screw. The T-37 is just a gas cylinder lock with the FS fingers (milled as a solid unit).

The problem with some of the after market 37's are that they are casted and/or not heat treated correctly.  This results in either the fingers breaking off, or just bending open (both of which causes a shift in the POI).
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just found this on Gunbroker.

T-37
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey....I'm gonna get me on of them! Too bad they don't have one just like it 'cept a Muzzle brake... I have yet to stand up to the mighty blast of a 3006!

Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top