Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2002 1:35:33 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me about the M1 for sale through CMP with VAR barrels.  What is the VAR barrel?  Can you tell me any sights with information on them?  Thank you
GL  
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the best site IMO, for Garand folks:

www.jouster.com

These guys really know their stuff, and the site is packed with information.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
www.odcmp.com

Of course there...

The Danish loaners with VAR barrels are probably the best bang for the buck from the CMP.  VAR barrels are considered one of the best military barrels ever put on a rifle.  As for the rifle itself, it's a USGI receiver, often times with mixed US/European parts.  No lack of quality on the European parts, either.  IMHO, probably the best bang for the buck when it comes to M1s.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Honda  insight , those are ugly cars.  But the Honda civic hybrid is very good looking and the one I want buy It only gets 47MPG in the city.  

well back to guns, thank you all for your help, I should have asked before I ordered but I still got one with the var barrel.  
GL
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a U.S.G.I. Springfield M-1 rebarreled with a like new VAR barrel. VAR and a crown is the Danish Govt. marking on the barrel. I believe it's indicative of the Danish royal family. They were made as replacement barrels for the Danish armed forces. I have heard they were made in Germany. The word is they are every bit as good and accurate as the best LMR made U.S.G.I. barrels. All I know for sure is mine was a hell of a shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top