Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2003 9:48:44 AM EDT
Trying to find out about a Armcorps receiver The M1 Garand Doc. will not put a barrel on it, Fulton Armory will barrel it but will not build the whole rife on it. And I'm looking for a PB receiver,trying to build a complete PB rife.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Armscorp receivers are much better than Federal Ordnance (out of business) receivers but not even close to Springfield Armory (TM).Over the past 20 years I have seen several builders refuse to work on Armscorp receivers because whether a good one or an out of spec one, the builder would be holding the bag. Armscorp was strictly a luck of the draw situation and you would have noticable dollars in the hole before you found out which you had. Personally, I haven't bought from Armscorp for several years. They had advertised a forged M14 receiver to be available in "a few months" but you had to pay full price up front. The price seemed reasonable so I ordered and paid. The expected time came and nothing showed up. A month later (6 months since paying), I called and was told that first inorders were being shipped first. Sounded fair and I asked how many were ahead of me. They said shipment in a month. Next month, no rec'r and called up. Still not my turn but they gave me a lower number ahead of me. Two more months and same routine. Finally I said that there were almost no more ahead of me (I reminded them how many ahead last month each time). They then said they couldn't say when they would ship. I said, cancel and send money back. They said "request must be in writing" which left my money with them even longer. Finally got my money back after they had it interest free for a year. What a rip off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You
For the information
ggreer
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
uumm..Armscorp doesn't make Garand receivers... are you talking about a M1A receiver????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top