Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2001 9:55:53 AM EDT
I have been in the market for a M1 Carbine in USGI Mint condition or other for quite awhile.

I notice that at one time (evidently) SA made receivers for the M1 Carbine (commercial), but it is Mil-Spec and remaining part of rifle is put together with WWII USGI parts. Not like the old "Universal", etc.

Anybody own one? I still see new SA receivers for sale in Shotgun News and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a NIB IAI M1 Carbine and it is veeeeery sweet.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I built one and posted about it a month or two ago.
Here's the original post:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42398

It has been to the range at least a dozen times and has fired/functioned perfectly.
I am very happy with it and will soon be building the second receiver I got at that time into a complete gun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I built one and posted about it a month or two ago.
Here's the original post:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=42398

It has been to the range at least a dozen times and has fired/functioned perfectly.
I am very happy with it and will soon be building the second receiver I got at that time into a complete gun.

Age must be getting to me. I actually responded with a couple of posts yo your post. I see some advertisements for the receivers selling for only $65,00 each.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I called on those $65.00 receivers in the Springfield Inc. ads. The ads are a teaser just to let people know that the receivers are available through distributors and not nearly at that price. Most are around $125.00 to $150.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top