BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2003 9:20:09 PM EDT
saw a m1-a at the fun store today.

$550, used a bit beat up.

made by IDE?  who the hell is IDE?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
IDE was an Importer of Poly Technologies (China) M14 clones. For that price grab it (make an offer of $500.00 just for fun). If you don't want it, you can turn a near $200.00 profit on it easy (maybe better). See www.battlerifles.com Lots of very satisfied Poly Tech owners there, including me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
thank ya, sir.  might have to pull it depending on bore condition.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't sweat the bore condition too much. Chinese barrels have a chrome lined bore and chamber and are as good as U.S.G.I.. The average shooter would have to work pretty hard to wear one out. Chinese M14 copies are desirable because they have forged receivers. The major components; barrel, receiver, trigger group, gas system and op-rod are on par with U.S.G.I.. They generally had crappy but functional stocks. Some people have trouble with the rear sights as well. The major point of contention with these rifles is the bolt. Critics claim they are soft and won't head space correctly. Most owners claim to have no problem with them. All U.S.G.I parts will fit a Chinese M14 clone except the flash suppressor nut (metric) and the gas cylinder lock (metric). Some parts may require fitting such as the bolt and Op-rod. If you are looking for shooter, at that price you can't go wrong. Like I said above, if you don't want to keep it, you can make a tidy profit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what Fulton Armory has to say about them

www.fulton-armory.com/M14S_Eval.htm

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Also read the Chinese M14 info at www.smithenterprise.com/gen_info.htm  Click on M14 information. You will see that the "experts" do not agree. The certainly agree that they would like to sell you their services.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top