Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 4:24:31 PM EDT
I had the camera out today taking some pics of my new Tango Down ACB-4 bipod and a couple of guns that I use it on. While doing so I decided to go ahead and add these pics to the NV forum here. I enjoy NV shooting and technology quite a bit.

M1A in it's starlight case with a few accessories.  Shown mounted is my PVS14.

Rifle with bipod deployed on top of case. It's a much poorer quality picture than I intended to take but I ran out of daylight and time.

Also, thank you to arfcom for providing a dedicated NV forum. I'm sure it will be a good addition to the site.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent.  

The space alien reptiles have no chance against it.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The stock is a SAGE chop mod.  There were no special modifications I had to do. There is a small rail section that sets behind the rear sight and pistol grip. I've seen a lot of people online make fun of the tiny rail section there over time but what they don't understand is it's basically a step to place the PRI M69 weapons mount for the PVS 14.

I really don't have much in the way of problem of field of view with the distance between the Aimpoint and the 14. I can usually adjust the objective to ghost out the body of the Aimpoint. But I will admit the Eotech will ghost out better than the Aimpoint.

Of course when the new Eotech 553 system fully  hits the market and enables the 14 to literally lock up with the sight and eliminate any ghost problems or light issues then I may think it's worse than I do now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Not that I've noticed, however I'll have a better opportunity to report on that now that nicer weather is here to be out working with the system in. If it does turn out to be a problem I'll report on it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, it's amazing how the M1A has evolved.
I'll bet a lot of people (me included) wouldn't even recognize it if the title didn't say "M1A".

Great lookin set-up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like the PVS14 is sitting too far back.
Can you take a pic of you aiming it?

I'm actually thinking of getting a Para FAL because mounting optics on the M1A  is hard to do.  All the optics except for my aimpoint didn't fit right on my M1A and the SAGE stock you have doesn't look like the PVS14 sits right either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry I didn't catch this question sooner.  I don't have any pics of me aiming the rifle. I see your point in looking at the pictures and the height of the 14 vs the height of the Aimpoint. However it is pretty much the fault of the angle of the shot. The PRI M69 weapon mount places the NV correctly behind the Aimpoint.  The mount for the Aimpoint is the ARMS 22 M68 with no spacers used.

The distance between the two units hasn't proved to be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Um, how the heck do you use it with the NOD mounted almost back to the buttplate?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It levels up pretty much like you'd expect it to.  Stock is adjusted just about fine for me and the positioning of the NV is comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top