Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 8:59:02 PM EDT
Howdy all.  I have a new Loaded Springfield M1A (nice trigger) and a friend gave me a scope for it.  It's a Nimrod 6x40.  I was able to obtain a mount for this scope locally (he only had one left) and it's Israeli.  The mount appears to be built very well.

It obviously screws into the side plate, and I have a few questions for those with more knowledge about this weapon and scope setup than I have.

1  Does the scope typically interfere with empty brass ejection?

2  I've tightened the mount down as tight as I could using hand tension, but I'm more than a little concerned about it coming loose during firing.  Is there a way to ensure it does not come loose once mounted to the frame, e.g. loctite?  Or will simple screwing it down snug do the trick?

Many thanks

Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi:  You will never know about the brass striking the mount untill you actually fire it.  In regards to the mount shooting lose I have found a realitivly new locktight product to be very effective.  Its locktight 222MS, and a kind of purple in color.  Seems to hold better than the blue but nowhere near as "permenant" as the Red.  I have never seen and Information specifically pertaining to mounting the IDF mount on line, sorry I cannot help you in that regard.  Like most things M!A shooting the beast will offer its won answers.  Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
you will almost definately want to tighten it down more, i have put locktite on mine and it has still vibrated loose, in one of the threads below someone listed the torque specs

i have had the brass hit the knob on my scope, it looks like it hits my scope mount then charging handle then knob

edit for crappy spelling...as always
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top