Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:59:02 PM EST
Howdy all. I have a new Loaded Springfield M1A (nice trigger) and a friend gave me a scope for it. It's a Nimrod 6x40. I was able to obtain a mount for this scope locally (he only had one left) and it's Israeli. The mount appears to be built very well.

It obviously screws into the side plate, and I have a few questions for those with more knowledge about this weapon and scope setup than I have.

1 Does the scope typically interfere with empty brass ejection?

2 I've tightened the mount down as tight as I could using hand tension, but I'm more than a little concerned about it coming loose during firing. Is there a way to ensure it does not come loose once mounted to the frame, e.g. loctite? Or will simple screwing it down snug do the trick?

Many thanks

Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:29:46 AM EST
Hi: You will never know about the brass striking the mount untill you actually fire it. In regards to the mount shooting lose I have found a realitivly new locktight product to be very effective. Its locktight 222MS, and a kind of purple in color. Seems to hold better than the blue but nowhere near as "permenant" as the Red. I have never seen and Information specifically pertaining to mounting the IDF mount on line, sorry I cannot help you in that regard. Like most things M!A shooting the beast will offer its won answers. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:14:17 PM EST
you will almost definately want to tighten it down more, i have put locktite on mine and it has still vibrated loose, in one of the threads below someone listed the torque specs

i have had the brass hit the knob on my scope, it looks like it hits my scope mount then charging handle then knob

edit for crappy spelling...as always
Top Top