Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 4:02:51 PM EDT
a standard M1A compared the the AR-10, tell me what you think and why
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Real world use, M1A,  just a rugged sob.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Reliability, pure and simple.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Obviously, this forum is bound to be a tad biased regarding this question, but this is something I was asking a while back as well. Sounds like even though certain NIB M1A's might have problems here and there, that company will eventually make it right. Whereas, with the AR-10 platform, it sounds like there may be some issues inherent with the design (so far anyways). So since the M1A has a long (if not limited) history I chose the M1A. And I like the looks of the M1A better. That long receiver on the AR-10 looks funny to me, whereas the AR-15 receiver looks right.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#5]
both are great rifles... I have both.

M1A is sweet when shot.

AR-10 is harsh when shot.

quit being silly and buy both   :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top