Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 9:50:45 AM EDT
I have a friend who offered to make a walnut handguard to match my walnut stock.  I have some worries though.  In order to mimic the fiber glass handuard, thus not being too bulky, I fear the thin or thinner wood handguard would crack or be too brittle.  Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
The walnut HG's are much thicker than the USGI Fiberglass. It might be easier to just buy an unfinished one and stain it to match your stock.

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=776571

I have one of these on my SA M1A.

Shape it to fit the profile of your stock and make a note to taper the rear op rod side of the HG to claer the Op Rod. If you don't make the clearance for the op rod you will have the makings of expencive tooth picks.

Karsten
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top