Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:46:29 PM EDT
Are there any pistol grip M1A stocks available. I would prefer a synthetic pistol grip. I know there are some great ones out there. But the ones I have found cost more than I paid for my M1A 15 years ago. I do have a Choate side fold with pistol grip.  I find that thin Choate butt stock a little hard on the shoulder. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are there any pistol grip M1A stocks available. I would prefer a synthetic pistol grip...

With all of the recent innovations in M14 stocks why do you limit yourself to a synthetic?
As for cost – nothing in the M14 world is cheap. Have you looked at the price of today’s M1A ‘s?

Check out the new JAE-100, the soon to be released TROY CBR and the battle tested SAGE EBR stocks.

HTH, and good luck with your quest ~
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with Fred's they have them listed almost at the bottom of the page.  Or did you not mean E2 stocks?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check with Fred's they have them listed almost at the bottom of the page.  Or did you not mean E2 stocks?

I like the idea of the E2 stock (although I think the design could use just a bit of tweaking to improve the curves). But WHY oh WHY hasn't anyone offered them in synthetic? I know that it may seem hard to believe, but there are a few of us who actually prefer synthetic over wood. And it'd be nice to get an E2 in black. I haven't seen a SAGE, or other modular-style, carbine stock that I could stand. I think maybe I saw a McMillan that I liked, but talk about expensive!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
about 22 years ago at the soldier of fortune convention i saw and handled a m1a with a black e2 synthetic stock.  i can't remenber if it was by choate or ?  buy choate was there and handing out cia letter openers.   but at one time they did offer one. if you find one let us know as i want one too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I quite agree, they are not cheap. I used to use a BM-59 stock, but now they are hard to come by. But after a while I discovered it was not really what I wanted.

I actually contiplated building my own, but by the time I added up the component costs, my time and the crap shoot that I would screw it up or would not like it I just decided to bite the bullet and get a Sage. What sold me is when I fondled one at a gun show. No regrets.

Do a search on sage here and you should get enough feedback.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I quite agree, they are not cheap. I used to use a BM-59 stock, but now they are hard to come by. But after a while I discovered it was not really what I wanted.

I actually contiplated building my own, but by the time I added up the component costs, my time and the crap shoot that I would screw it up or would not like it I just decided to bite the bullet and get a Sage. What sold me is when I fondled one at a gun show. No regrets.

Do a search on sage here and you should get enough feedback.

are you talking about the nigerian model at Reese,
look here

reese surplus

click on BM 59

eta: been thinking about ordering one for myself,
if that's it, pro's and con's??
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#8]
No, I did not have the Nigeria model. I had a folder. It was the bottom one (#22A) pictured here:

But they are no longer available.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
McMillan makes a PG synthetic stock,...but it aint cheap.

M2A
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top