Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:45 AM EDT
I have a Scout Squad with SA's proprietary muzzle brake.  Works great.  It's loud.  Flashes like a roman candle.  Does all it's designed to do.

Given my intended use for this gun, I'd like to put a flash suppressor on it.  Does the Vortex offer anything more than the standard M1A flash suppressor?  Only advantage I see is that it's slightly shorter in length...which isn't too important from my point of view.

Secondly is there a flash suppressor for the M1A that would prevent/eliminate a dust signature when firing prone?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... is there a flash suppressor for the M1A that would prevent/eliminate a dust signature when firing prone?

I think the USGI suppressor is better at eliminating a dust signature when firing prone in daylight, but the DC Vortex is better at flash suppression in low light/dark conditions - it also eliminates the castle nut.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A Gemtech HVT works as a good FS that eliminates dust signature.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Does the M1A flash suppressor have closed bottom port?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

YES
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YES

10-4, I think I'll just replace my SA brake with the USGI flash suppressor then.  I like the general pupose role of it's design.  Furthermore I weigh eliminating a dust signature over absolute flash suppression.

Thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top