Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:45 AM EDT
I have a Scout Squad with SA's proprietary muzzle brake. Works great. It's loud. Flashes like a roman candle. Does all it's designed to do.

Given my intended use for this gun, I'd like to put a flash suppressor on it. Does the Vortex offer anything more than the standard M1A flash suppressor? Only advantage I see is that it's slightly shorter in length...which isn't too important from my point of view.

Secondly is there a flash suppressor for the M1A that would prevent/eliminate a dust signature when firing prone?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:59:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:
... is there a flash suppressor for the M1A that would prevent/eliminate a dust signature when firing prone?

I think the USGI suppressor is better at eliminating a dust signature when firing prone in daylight, but the DC Vortex is better at flash suppression in low light/dark conditions - it also eliminates the castle nut.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/3/2007 6:01:09 AM EDT by wildearp]
A Gemtech HVT works as a good FS that eliminates dust signature.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:20:54 AM EDT
Does the M1A flash suppressor have closed bottom port?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:29:43 AM EDT

YES
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:48:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:

YES

10-4, I think I'll just replace my SA brake with the USGI flash suppressor then. I like the general pupose role of it's design. Furthermore I weigh eliminating a dust signature over absolute flash suppression.

Thanks guys
Top Top