Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:48:47 PM EDT
I have just purchased a M1A scout with a Sage(grey chop mod) stock. It has all USGI parts#7267030-HR-N (Harrington & Richardson) Trigger Assembly with #5546008 TRW (Thompson Ramo Woolridge) Hammer and #7790186 HRT (Harrington & Richardson) A18 BXO Bolt. and has recieved a National Match Legal 4 lb. trigger job on it. Serial Number range 078xxx ties this M1A to a build date of April 1994

I have the following questions.

1. What is the feeling of the group regarding shooting Lake City surplus .308 ammo out of this setup. I use M118LR rounds out of my Rem. 700 but I can't afford to buy these in bulk. I use the LC surplus in my M4 for plinking.

2. I have a Eotech attached to my M4 that I can swap over for close range but what are the best options for longer range. I have considered the Leopold M4 and the ACOG but I want to know what ya'll think. I use the Nightforce NXS5.5-22X56 on my Remington.

3. Does anybody know of a suppressor that can be used on both the EBR and on my Remington( it has a threaded barrel designed for the use of a suppressor.

If I have asked a repeated question I apologize.

Thanks for your help.

Josh
Remote / Tactical Paramedic
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:14:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By txmedic4563:

I have the following questions.

1. What is the feeling of the group regarding shooting Lake City surplus .308 ammo out of this setup. I use M118LR rounds out of my Rem. 700 but I can't afford to buy these in bulk. I use the LC surplus in my M4 for plinking.

2. I have a Eotech attached to my M4 that I can swap over for close range but what are the best options for longer range. I have considered the Leopold M4 and the ACOG but I want to know what ya'll think. I use the Nightforce NXS5.5-22X56 on my Remington.

3. Does anybody know of a suppressor that can be used on both the EBR and on my Remington( it has a threaded barrel designed for the use of a suppressor.

Josh,

I think your '94 build date would make it a Bush rifle
I have a 2001 production Scout in a SAGE...

Ammo: I shot nothing but Port and had great results.
I now have a Crazy Horse barrel chambered for the M118LR but have not had the chance to shoot it yet.

Optics: I have used the EOTech out to 300 yards and it was very accurate. I now have a Leupold 3.5-10x that I have yet to try.

Sound suppressor: SEI DC Vortex and SEI/Fisher can for me when the paper work clears. You may want to check with SWR

HTH ~
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:43:59 PM EDT
Thanks You are correct on it being a bush rifle.

Has anybody used the new nightforce 2.5-10X24??????

Since I already use its big brother I was thinking about trying it out. It is running about the same price as the Leupold.

I couldn't agree more regarding the Eotech. I feel in love with it in Iraq and I still love mine.hen
Thanks again,

Josh

Top Top