Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 5:48:47 PM EDT
I have just purchased a M1A scout with a Sage(grey chop mod) stock. It has all USGI parts#7267030-HR-N (Harrington & Richardson) Trigger Assembly with #5546008 TRW (Thompson Ramo Woolridge) Hammer and #7790186 HRT (Harrington & Richardson) A18 BXO Bolt. and has recieved a National Match Legal 4 lb. trigger job on it. Serial Number range 078xxx ties this M1A to a build date of April 1994

I have the following questions.

1. What is the feeling of the group regarding shooting Lake City surplus .308 ammo out of this setup. I use M118LR rounds out of my Rem. 700 but I can't afford to buy these in bulk. I use the LC surplus in my M4 for plinking.

2. I have a Eotech attached to my M4 that I can swap over for close range but what are the best options for longer range. I have considered the Leopold M4 and the ACOG but I want to know what ya'll think. I use the Nightforce NXS5.5-22X56 on my Remington.

3. Does anybody know of a suppressor that can be used on both the EBR and on my Remington( it has a threaded barrel designed for the use of a suppressor.

If I have asked a repeated question I apologize.

Thanks for your help.

Josh
Remote / Tactical Paramedic
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have the following questions.

1. What is the feeling of the group regarding shooting Lake City surplus .308 ammo out of this setup. I use M118LR rounds out of my Rem. 700 but I can't afford to buy these in bulk. I use the LC surplus in my M4 for plinking.

2. I have a Eotech attached to my M4 that I can swap over for close range but what are the best options for longer range. I have considered the Leopold M4 and the ACOG but I want to know what ya'll think. I use the Nightforce NXS5.5-22X56 on my Remington.

3. Does anybody know of a suppressor that can be used on both the EBR and on my Remington( it has a threaded barrel designed for the use of a suppressor.

Josh,

I think your '94 build date would make it a Bush rifle
I have a 2001 production Scout in a SAGE...

Ammo: I shot nothing but Port and had great results.
I now have a Crazy Horse barrel chambered for the M118LR but have not had the chance to shoot it yet.

Optics: I have used the EOTech out to 300 yards and it was very accurate. I now have a Leupold 3.5-10x that I have yet to try.

Sound suppressor: SEI DC Vortex and SEI/Fisher can for me when the paper work clears. You may want to check with SWR

HTH ~
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks You are correct on it being a bush rifle.

Has anybody used the new nightforce 2.5-10X24??????

Since I already use its big brother I was thinking about trying it out. It is running about the same price as the Leupold.

I couldn't agree more regarding the Eotech. I feel in love with it in Iraq and I still love mine.hen
Thanks again,

Josh

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top