Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 12:57:42 PM EDT
I'm turning 21 in less than a month... looking for a carry gun... I already have a pair of HK USP .40's... but I would like to have the slim profile of the 1911. I have been looking at getting one of the Kimber CDP's that has a 4" barrel and fullsized grip... any objections? Problems? Is their Aluminum frame a good thing or bad thing?

Gracias
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a Springfield Armory TRP and it is awesome!! Well worth the money and by far the nicest trigger and best shooting 1911 I have shot!!  If you are used to paying ~$1000 for HK pistols go ahead and get the TRP! I have shot the Kimber CDP that my buddy whos owns the local gunstore carries and it is no where near as nice as a TRP.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
A guy in my CCW class had one of the Kimber Ultra Pro carry .45s, and I'll have to say that I was impressed with the accuracy. He claimed he had no problems with it mechanically. My carry weapon choice came down to the Springfield Armory "carry" size .45 and the Sig P239 .40S&W. I went for the P239 & double action. Price between the two was competitive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top