Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 3:47:24 PM EDT
Thats right numerich has them. Best price I've seen in years.

www.e-gunparts.com
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
NOT USGI

This new, parkerized steel magazine holds 20 rounds of .308 caliber ammunition. It is patterned after the original military design. Fits M14/M1A rifles.

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
After looking it over it just doesn't sound right.Nowhere does it say USGI.Instead it says"Patterned after the original military design".That sounds like double talk for USA mags.The pic is of a USGI mag though.

oops,looks like sgb beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, maybe Im wrong. But I looked at the picture and they sure look like they have the welded catch. And numberich usually selles good quality stuff. I just wanted t share the wealth, so I hope I haven't mis lead anyone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw those on their site a couple of days ago. The photo doesn't jive with the description. The mags are supposed to be new. The photo shows a used mag that looks like a G.I.. I was wondering if they might be Chinese. If so, they are well worth the price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If ya really want to know ya can call
Casandra in the parts dept.

She is the supervisor for that dept.

Sorry,I won't give her direct phone number but at least ya can ask somebody who knows for sure and give ya a straight answer.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
markin' this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Try one or two, if thier good, jump on them,its a great buy.  If not just slam G-Parts for BS advertising and they will feel the heat.  Nothing better than word of mouth on Quality and Cust Svc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#9]
WARNING WARNING.

If these are USA magazines, you might very well have problems.  The USA follower is plastic.  The magazine shell has a welded part on the rear which will not lock up on many M1As.  It would require experimentation and welding to build it up.  Finally, I think the company is out of business.

"patterned after" should give you a heads up to call and determine whether it is "a good buy".
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I E-mailed them last Saturday. Their reply was:"magazines are new top-quality aftermarket. I don't know who the manufacturer is. The picture posted is a USGI magazine. A picture of the magazines for sale will be posted soon". Therefore, NOT USGI.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I seriously doubt they are USA mags. USA mags don't have the weld on the back, they are punched out. Thats why the fall out of the gun every shot. If thats what these are then thats plain old false advertising, because thats not what is in the picture. I have a hard time beliving that Numerich would sell garbage though. Everything I've ever gotten from them was quality. But you never know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I talked to Casandra just now (asked about something else too) and she says those M14 mags are U.S. made.Nobody would say who exactly made them.

She DID say they're NOT CHINESE or ITALIAN made.

That tells me USA mags which are "NOT" good.
Also that the webpage was updated with the correct picture but,I haven't seen it yet.

I saw CHINESE M14 mags sell for $15.95 each this past weekend at the gunshow.They of course had the welded tab.Talk about cheap price.They sold out both days in 1-2 hours.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#13]
The new pic is there.  Looks like it has a plastic follower.  Don't waste your time or money on these.  Shop at Cole's!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw it.Plastic follower for sure.Those are USA junk mags.Coles had USGI M14 mags 10 for $310.00 + S&H

I'd buy chinese mags before those USA junk mags.At least the chinese mags work like they should.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Let me put this controversy to rest. I am a representitive of Numrich Gun Parts Corp. I can assure you that the mags have a steel follower; they look plastic in the photo because they have a black phosphate type finish. The mag catch block is riveted and spot-welded. They are NOT USA mags. We believe, although we can't confirm, that they were manufactured by Western Metal Products in California. We bought them from a distributor on the west coast.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Then you should really do your homework because everybody knows that WESTERN mags don't have welded tabs not to mention they're so thin on metal they crush like pancakes.

Unless they just started making them like GI mags in which case they would be LE mags only.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I stand corrected by Bruh44.  I am trying to weld on the back of the USA mags that I have  (USA on the plastic wrappers).

Western Metal.  Yikes.  I tried to get rid of my M1a mags made by that company.

If you do buy Western Metal mags, then make sure that you actually test fire them in the weapon that you intend to use.  In test firing, make sure that you put a couple of 20 round fillups in each mag.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
As I said, we thought maybe they were manufactured by Western, we're not sure. All I can say is that we've had a very positive response to the quality of the mags. I might also add that we have a very reasonable return policy. If for any reason you're not satisfied with the product, you can return them for a full refund, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Neill:
Eveybody knows that Western mags are ALL blued steel mags.

I have to say that if they are parkerized with steel followers,they could be CHINESE mags.

That would be good because they work as good as USGI and made darn close to USGI mags in construction.I've never had problems with chinese mags.

If thay don't have any markings on them they probably are chinese and someone in Kalifornicate told ya wrong.

I can also say that the return policy from GunParts Corp. is second to none.Other companies could take lessons from you guys on that one.

May I suggest one thing.To truly put this to rest,post some pics here showing top,side,back and or bottom.Just trying to help.It could help sell the mags too.

If I'm correct,you had a price of $20.00 each if a person buys 10 mags.I could be wrong though.

Don't give up on us now cause we're almost there.

Thanks for your help on this too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Shepard,

Thanks for the post. I honestly don't know for sure who made them, but if more pix will help, we'll get em up ASAP. Thanks for your support.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Shepard,

Thanks for the post. I honestly don't know for sure who made them, but if more pix will help, we'll get em up ASAP. Thanks for your support.

We're all here for the same thing (deals,info.,make money,etc.) and need to stick together.

I bet once the curtain goes up on the pics there'll be a long line.Just don't sell all them mags before we get to'em. HEHEHEHE

Oh yeah I forgot.Was the price on 10 mags correct (10=$200.00)?? I hate it when I'm wrong but I could be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I'm tired of all this speculation. I'm ordering one and I'll give a report. If it's crap, it will go back. Give me time to order, receive and test.

Order placed. Will report ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:25:50 AM EDT
[#23]
You're correct - 24.95ea. 10+ 20.00ea. New pix should go up today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#24]
New images are up. See SGB's post above.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=881780A&chrSuperSKU=881780&MC=AH
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#25]
What is Numerich's return policy?  I couldn't find it on the website.  The new pics look JUST like my USGI mags (well, I THINK they're USGI.  I DO have one with an underlined "R", and one unmarked.  They all seem to function 100%, and are all the heavy parkerized steel, and lock the bolt back after the last shot), and apparently have the welded catch on them.  They LOOK TONS better than the USA mags that I've see, with the mag catch just pressed out from the back of the mag.  

I am interested in the return policy that Numerich has.  If it's good, I may go ahead and grab some of these.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#27]
return policy - http://www.e-gunparts.com/about.asp
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
return policy - http://www.e-gunparts.com/about.asp

bnen1, Thanks for the link!  One more question:

What's the difference between the part numbers on the magazines?

Model:  U.S. Military M14  
   Item No. 881780A

Model:  U.S. Military M1A SPRINGFIELD  
   Item No. 881780B

Same price, but different item numbers.  Which is the one pictured on the website?  I'll order some when I get this info.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#29]
No difference, same item. The A and B suffix denotes the fact that it will fit multiple model designations. M14, M1A, etc.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like they've changed their add.The text and pics are much clearer now than they were before.If these are new manufactore I bet what they've done is destroy their USA M1A mags(which they couldn't give away) and then get new USGI mag bodies like Elite Firearms sells.Now they have M1A mags that people will buy and it's all very legal.Destroy a POS USA mag and replace it with a real GI mag body and you're in business.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep you're right.
Very nice pictures.I bet those mags will work perfect.

Their return policy is very simple and easy.
If it don't feed,fit,or plain work the way they should just return them with original receipt and they'll send a refund check.No questions asked.Try to get that from some other company.

If I didn't already have 50 M14 mags I'd be jumping on this deal.

yeah yeah I know but heh,It might rain real bad one day soon.And from where I'm sitting I can see storm clouds and they're real dark if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered 6 of them to go with the 4 USGI I have already.  I'll report in when I get them!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I received one mag yesterday. They are not Chinese. No indication of Mfg. The materials and and construction of the body, floor plate and follower appear similar in quality to U.S.G.I. but they are not U.S.G.I. components. The parkerizing is a medium grey and done well. I give a thumbs up with regards to quality of construction and overall appearance.

The spring appears to be a problem. It has rounded corners rather than squared like U.S. and Chinese. I attempted to load 20 rounds and it only took 19. It locked in good and tight and went in and out of the rifle smoothly though. As I loaded, the follower tilted forward and backward and bound up as well. I manually cycled the rounds and had many failures to feed. Incidently, the follower has the detents to hold the G.I. type spring securely so I replaced the spring with G.I.. It took a full 20 rounds and manually cycled smoothly.

I haven't gotten a chance to fire it. I expect to find time within a few days and will give a complete report. Considering the spring it came with, my expectations aren't high. If it functions correctly with a G.I. spring, I'm contemplating buying a spring from Elite for $2.00. The shipping is probably going to be a couple of bucks at least, for perhaps a total of $4.00 and the total cost of the mag shipped, $29.50, I'm approaching the cost of a U.S.G.I. mag from Coles. If I send the mag back, I'll probably have to pay shipping then I'll have at least as much as I would have had if I had bought a G.I. mag from Coles.

It's looking like I may have taken it in the shorts on this one. Once again, it appears that one gets what one pays for. Anyone considering buying one may want to wait until I give a range report.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm asumming you'll "borrow" a mag spring from a USGI mag before spending more $$$.

I heard that M14 mags are coming from Israel.
Could this be one of them??

A range report would be good after you've had a chance to try it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Marking and eagerly awaiting range report...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#36]
O.K. here's the range report. I loaded it up with 19 (all it would take) rounds of surplus Lake City. To my surprise, it ran through 18 of 19 with no problems. The 19th round mis-fed and bound up between the bolt face and the chamber. I loaded up another 19. Same result. I changed out the spring for one of my U.S.G.I. springs and it ran through two full loads of 20 rounds without a problem. Clearly, the spring is the only problem with this magazine.

If you have extra G.I. springs I'd say buy these mags. If you have to buy new springs, I'd suggest buying the excellent condition used U.S.G.I. mags from Coles.

YMMV. This was my experience with one mag.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Where can you get replacement springs (preferably identical to USGI, with the square corners)?  I ordered 6 of these, and am seeing the same problem feeding.  But, if I put one of mhy USGI springs in there, all the rounds feed just fine (one of the mags is a little wide, but it still fits).  The other differences I find between these mags and USGI:

Floorplate doesn't seem to fit on as nice.  It hangs out over the edges of the mag body.

Follower seems a LITTLE flimsy.  It's not made of as thick material as the USGI.

A couple of the mag bodies have some dents in them (down near the floorplate).  

One place I've seen replacement springs is Wolff, for 8 bucks ea.  Also, Elite Firearms in KY lists "springs" under their "U.S.G.I. M-14/ M1A Magazines that are in new Condition" section(Link).
Anyone know anything about the Elite Firearms stuff?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Elite has a good reputation. They sell U.S.G.I. mag components. I will be buying a mag spring from them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Elite firearms co. is a great place to buy from.Guys know their stuff.

I bought 20 M14 springs and other stuff 3 months ago and they were new.They shipped fast and order was correct.

Elite Firearms sell M14 mag bodies @ $16.95 each and M14 springs @ $2.00 each.They don't sell M14 followers.

Thanks for the range report guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Elite firearms co. is a great place to buy from.Guys know their stuff.

I bought 20 M14 springs and other stuff 3 months ago and they were new.They shipped fast and order was correct.

Did the springs have the square corners, and were they the proper length?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Yup.. square corners and exactly GI length.. I have bought 40 of them and have been very happy with them as well as thier mag bodies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top