Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:52:11 AM EDT
Have any quick opinions on these.   I'm just starting out and this is what Dad used back in the 60's.  What's the most beginner friendly that I can grow with?  I know this has been asked 1000+ times.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Lyman Caliper that is a hunk of junk, but everything else I've had from them has been GTG.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Everything that I have used from Lyman has done it's job pretty good.  If I had to give an opinion on them it would be "Middleclass".  Not too expensive and decent quality ..... they would be considered in the same class as Lee for me.

Sarg
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everything that I have used from Lyman has done it's job pretty good.  If I had to give an opinion on them it would be "Middleclass".  Not too expensive and decent quality ..... they would be considered in the same class as Lee for me.

Sarg

Me too.  I'm not impressed by the Lyman stuff I've seen, but they do work.  For a little more money, I always recommend RCBS for single stage presses.  For a lot more money I prefer Dillon.  As with nearly everything in life, "you get what you pay for."  

Another +1 for me.  Lyman leaves me wanting more, but it does get the job done.  For the price, they're not that bad really.  I got started with reloading not too long ago with a Lyman kit.  It's what I use now until I can afford a Dillon.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Good deal, thanks for the replies.   Found a RCBS kit locally that I'll go check  out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a T-Mag that I purchased in 1989. Been boxed since 1995, just broke it out and mounted it on a bench I biult last week. Punching out .223 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top