Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/11/2002 4:46:13 PM EST
Why is it so difficult to find a place that will repair a AR15 lower receiver I understand that you can buy a postban for less that the repair cost but what about a preban. I finally found a place but it was not easy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:28:29 PM EST
I'm not sure to your specific question, but,, what type of repair are you looking for? AR/M16 lowers are aluminum, most, if any repair will probably involve welding new material to the base part, and re-machining. Welding aluminum (TIG) is an "art" unto itself, then add the machining knowledge (gunsmith on AR/M16). There are a few people that do that kind of stuff, John Norrell and Stan Andrewski come to mind, with John being commonly refered to as "Mr M16".
About the only people that do major repairs are C2's.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:14:07 PM EST
That is what I am refering to is the welding and machining part not just parts replacement.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:24:51 PM EST
Well, BOG...

It's because the feds know what you're up to.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:03:43 PM EST
John Norrell no longer accepts M16 receiver for repair or re-marking.

Original Manufacturers can replace pre-ban receivers with newly manufactured ones if the failed receiver is thier own product. They can transfer the original serial number onto the new receiver. Just because they can do this legally does not mean they will take the time to do this for you.
Top Top