Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 1:32:28 PM EST
...but where can I find grease gun mag loaders?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:19:34 PM EST
I'm looking too. Grease gun mags hurt my hands especially loading the last ten or so rounds.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:35:24 PM EST
Tell me about it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:12:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 5:31:13 AM EST by thebomber]
Hep,

I read somewhere in a post where to get them. I'll try to find the link and post up here. In the mean time I was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions. I have a UMC/UMP conversion gun on the weay. Should be here early in the week.

Can you tell me how long your gun is with the stock folded? I want to get the smallest descrete case I can get away with.

How do you like your OTAL on your gun?

Have you noticed any ammo preferences buy the gun?

Thanks,

Bomber
­

Found it. here
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:34:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 6:39:32 AM EST by hepcat85]
Can you tell me how long your gun is with the stock folded? I want to get the smallest descrete case I can get away with.

The stock is fixed open and will remain that way. Since no provision is made to keep it locked folded, I'm leaving it open. Furthermore, I prefer it that way. I had the stock on my G36 cut down and fixed open. I can measure it and give you an approx estimate if you like. Let me know.

Funny you asked, I just took it off YESTERDAY and put it on my M1A. Fact is, the EoTech is good enough for fast time on target. Plus I think you really need to mount it on top, and I wasn't interested in doing that on the USC Conversion.

I've been using Rem UMC 230 Gr. and have had no issues what so ever. I havn't tried any other yet.

Thanks,

TheBombe­r

No sweat. Thanks for helping out for the GG mag loader.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:01:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 6:02:10 AM EST by thebomber]
Hep,

Thanks for the info!

Do you have the HDPS conversion? If yes I didn't realize that the stock had no provision to lock closed. Do you mind measuring the lenght with the stock closed anyway?

Thanks for the feedback on the OTAL. There is a group buy in process and now I'm wondering if my cash would be better spent elsewhere. I caurrentlyhave a Eotech on my SHTF M4 Forgery and planned to relocate it to the UMP ala your gun (which is very sweet!). Maybe I should just spend the cash on an Aimpoint rather than the OTAL which does have a lot of cool factor.

Bomber

PS I ordered a mag loader and some extra mags also.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:48:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2004 6:50:07 AM EST by hepcat85]

Originally Posted By thebomber:
Hep,

Thanks for the info!

Do you have the HDPS conversion? If yes I didn't realize that the stock had no provision to lock closed. Do you mind measuring the lenght with the stock closed anyway?

Thanks for the feedback on the OTAL. There is a group buy in process and now I'm wondering if my cash would be better spent elsewhere. I caurrentlyhave a Eotech on my SHTF M4 Forgery and planned to relocate it to the UMP ala your gun (which is very sweet!). Maybe I should just spend the cash on an Aimpoint rather than the OTAL which does have a lot of cool factor.

Bomber

PS I ordered a mag loader and some extra mags also.

Where did you get the mag loader? Fess up or else!!!

I think the OTAL is great in a few specific applications. I have one on my CQB carbine.

(I've since added an ACE entry stock to the above)

I think I was a little crazed at waiting over a year for the Top Notch kit (I was #5 on the pre-order list) and took it one step too far as far as "accessorizing." As I mentioned, the new home for the OTAL is my RASed M1A.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:06:10 AM EST
i folded the stock on mine and even without a catch there is enough friction to keep it closed just fine . i got my mag loader tool right from top notch but i think i had to pay like 14 or 15 dollars for the thing i think there are much cheeper ones out there
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:36:02 AM EST
Did you look at Tapco or Cheaper Than Dirt...that loading tool sounds like something they might carry...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:32:05 AM EST
This is the loading tool I bought from the link in my earlier post:

Hep or Tony, any way of shooting me the OAL with the stock folded?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:38:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:17:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By hepcat85:

The stock is fixed open and will remain that way. Since no provision is made to keep it locked closed, I'm leaving it open. Furthermore, I prefer it that way. I had the stock on my G36 cut down and fixed open. I can measure it and give you an approx estimate if you like. Let me know.

Funny you asked, I just took it off YESTERDAY and put it on my M1A. Fact is, the EoTech is good enough for fast times on target. Plus I think you really need to mount it on top, and I wasn't interested in doing that on the USC Conversion.

I've been using Rem UMC 230 Gr. and have had no issues what so ever. I havn't tried any other yet.

Thanks,

TheBombe­r

No sweat. Thanks for helping out for the GG mag loader.

Is yours the special weapons kit? The stock won't lock?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:21:37 AM EST
261/2 inches folded
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:34:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

Is yours the special weapons kit? The stock won't lock?

Yes, it's the SW kit. No, it won't lock FOLDED. Top Notch is selling a $10 kit. What I read a couple of months ago was they were talking about selling a "hook and latch" type device to secure it folded.

I'll pass.

Hope this helps,

Hep
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:38:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 6:41:04 AM EST by hepcat85]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:49:52 PM EST

This is the loading tool I bought from the link in my earlier post:

www.tacticalinc.com/ac/acm3load-1a.jpg

Hep or Tony, any way of shooting me the OAL with the stock folded?

Bomber

Got a message today....BACKORDERED!

Anyone else have a source?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:07:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 3:26:55 PM EST by thebomber]
I received my UMP today.....sweet .

I cannot wait to shoot it this weekend! I plan to start the title one process this week.

Would you mount an Aimpoint or Eotech on it?

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:07:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 7:22:57 PM EST by hepcat85]

I received my UMP today.....sweet .

www.darlynn.com/albums/GunPr0n/Dscn1995.sized.jpg

I cannot wait to shoot it this weekend! I plan to start the title one process this week.

Would you mount an Aimpoint or Eotech on it?

Bomber

My opinion? EoTech. The larger FOV and large crosshair of the EoTech is ideal for the ranges in question. The Aimpoint is better for longer range, mainly because of the tube and the dot. I've tried both on the UMP Clone, and think the Eo is superb.

BTW, your rig looks great. Well done!

(But what's with the clod hoppers at the bottom of the picture???)

EDITED to add: From an earlier question - I took off the OTAL, but left on the M-3 light on the left hand rail.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:57:27 AM EST
I just sent away for the Shockwave 3 lug muzzle flange and when it get here, I'm going to have the barrel cut down and the flange attached, the slots milled and then the entire rifle dyed. I already have my approved Form 1 waiting for this and a Micro Galil. This has taken me almost a year to complete by the way so it's going to fell good to finally get these two projects completed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:01:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By jimtash9:
I just sent away for the Shockwave 3 lug muzzle flange and when it get here, I'm going to have the barrel cut down and the flange attached, the slots milled and then the entire rifle dyed. I already have my approved Form 1 waiting for this and a Micro Galil. This has taken me almost a year to complete by the way so it's going to fell good to finally get these two projects completed.

Sounds GREAT! Please post some pics when your baby is done.

(Form 1...You lucky scumbag....)
Top Top